Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by kidsgame
Can anyone confirm if there are girls being held back on either team for 2019 or 2020?

That means that the girl is currently in 8th gr and will repeat the 8th gr again making her a 2020 player with a graduation date of 2020.

Or

Is the girl a 2019 -8th gr playing down for 2020?

Big/good girl on TG 20 black is a hold back. not the same age as every one else, hence the better lax skills and IQ.

Can all of you please stop with the kid is a hold back. I am friends with the family and she turned 12 in the spring. Stop hating on this kid . She just happens to be a stand out player that is 12 and in 7th grade. You may be confused because she plays up when she plays hoops .

Nice try to cover it up.. Kid is a hold back! Not sure how long you all thought this was going to be held under wraps..cannot and will not reveal source of info.. But it's no lie.. Let's just say Massapequa is a very small place when it comes to who knows who. Before kid got held back was in same grade with my niece,who is 13 so am I to believe kid skipped a grade and then got held back.. How does that work?? Kids family member that plays for other club is the only true 12 yr old in that family.. I don't care either way but let the facts be facts and move on.

Hate to say it but you're correct, was just waiting for someone to let the cat out the bag. With that being said, there needs to be changes in the USL where they use the kids actual dob instead of grad year. I'm all for kids getting the xtra year of school if they're academically behind, I do however have a problem with those parents that use it to get their kids an advantage in sports. Not taking anything away from anyone's kid, but it is expected if kid is older to have better skills.

A kid can start kindergarten a year later or be left back early in their academic career. This would still make the child a year older than the rest in their grade. I would hope that parents don't think "oh let me hold Mary back when she's 4 or 5 to give her an athletic advantage web she's 13". Some kids are held/lleft back or LEGIT reasons. Stop belly-aching about it.

Legit holdbacks are not the problem, Holdbacks to be dominant in sports is.