[/quote]

I was speaking with a HS AD this weekend and he said he is seeing and hearing from other AD's that too many of the early committed kids are just now finding out that they can not get accepted into the school academically. Also that their parents can't afford to send them to the school because the 20-25% athletic award with no academic $ makes it too expensive to send them to the school they committed to in 10th grade. It something for parents to start looking into when the coaches start calling. Try asking the coach what the % of girls that commit actually finish with a degree and stay on the team for all four years. [/quote]

Thank you so much, that makes sense. Some of my friends are giving verbals to D1 schools and are good lacrosse players but below average grade wise so it's confusing to figure out, one even failed summer school. [/quote]

This happens more than you think, tell me how great that $60k school looks with only a .25 athletic and is now still over $40k because they got squat for academics? Don't ever plan on a great ROI on travel fees paid in. If you are planning on that you will be disappointed. Play because you love it and don't just pick a school based on lacrosse