Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So many of you missing the point. If a club states they will help with the recruiting process then they should. End of story. To cash a check and not pick up a phone or send an email is disgraceful to be the girls. They have no problem posting committed athletes but the majority did the work themselves. Save your money, go to camps of the school your child is interested in and travel (if you must) on a local small club.

Think you are missing the point. If a kid is not good enough to be recognized and recruited, it's not the club directors fault. Please try to be realistic! I'm sure your daughter is good at other things that can help her get into college. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow after years of Paying for travel lax, but only a few are really cut out to play and enjoy the rigors of D1 athletics. Sounds like you need to let it go. The girls who will excell at the next level do not need club directors kissing [lacrosse] to get them recruited. Stop blaming others for your daughters shortcomings and be happy for the other accomplishments she has made in her life. Lacrosse is only important to the parents watching.

That was the point I was trying to make. If you're told that they will help in the recruiting process then they should help. Just because you're not one of the top 5, your money is just as good as anyone else's. D1 is not for everyone and they should do just as much legwork for a girl going to D2 or 3 as they do for a D1 player. The top 5 at every club are going D1 and really aren't going to need the same help as the rest. It's the other 95% of the club they have to help. There are over 500 teams between all 3 divisions. There is a place for everyone.