Originally Posted by Anonymous
The purpose is to play, to learn, to grow as a player. PAL and the school season are not enough.

Who are you trying to kid? The purpose is to get a scholarship. My daughter has had this in focus since she was 9. If this is not your goal you don't belong on TG black or any other top club team

Perhaps you should reevaluate. Then again to each his own.

Here are some reasons and goals that might be worth considering. Some things that a young girl can learn from playing a team sport such as lacrosse.

- Have fun.
- exercise.
- learn to live a healthy lifestyle.
- learn that sometimes you have to do things that you do not want to do.
- learn to compete.
- learn to be a good teammate.
- learn to overcome adversity.
- learn to sacrifice.
- learn to set goals.
- learn to work hard.
- learn to enjoy the grind/process/practice/training.
- learn to be committed/dedicated.
- learn to be coachable.
- learn to be confident.
- learn that failure is never final.
- learn to succeed.
- learn to be disciplined.
- learn to lead.
- learn to think on the fly and make quick, decisive, good decisions.
the list goes on.... Hopefully they can learn what it is like to be passionate about something.

In the end it is all about education and life lessons. Hopefully this sport will help prepare our daughters for life. If getting an athletic scholarship helps you thats great.

One of the great things about this sport is that it can help girls get into schools that they would otherwise not be able to get into and in many cases they can get some financial help.

One of the biggest benefits for me has been to watch my daughter grow and develop into a healthy, happy, confident, successful, young woman / student athlete.

It is okay to be proud of your daughter. To be bitter, jealous, hateful and or vindictive of others, well... not so much.

Enjoy the ride.

I see you've been reading how we justify paying $$$ for youth sports. It's all very nicely worded, but we all know why we pay$$, it's for the opportunity to get into a better school with a scholarship. Otherwise school ball would suffice. The poster who is so irrate about club director not sending emails out to promote his daughter should read that. Is that you?