Originally Posted by Anonymous
So it seems there are many unfit coaches spread out among the travel programs, unfit directors as well. I coached for many years in youth lacrosse and SCGL at one point, were making all coaches register, get finger printed and did background checks on all the coaches. Not sure how thorough these checks were, but I thought this was a great step they took. All these clubs are free to hire whoever they want, yes even convicted criminals, and yes, that is a bit scary. Since all these travel clubs participate mainly under US Lacrosse sanctioned tournaments and player membership umbrella, it would be great if US Lacrosse could adapt similar screening for all registered coaches.

Why? Travel lacrosse is a private business. Unless we’re talking about child molesters, the coaches private business is their own. I’m sure most of the coaches out there are accepting cash for training. That makes them guilty of tax evasion.

Because US Lacrosse as a business shouldn't want criminals, drunk drivers, or crooks who were banned from the securities industry molding the minds of our daughters. Not a great role model set, not to mention reputational risk for each club individually and US Lacrosse as a sanctioning body. The clubs don't seem to care and by the general tone of this thread many parents don't either. Many private business have higher standards than what is just legal.

So... some crimes are Ok, but some aren't? It's Ok for coaches to accept cash for training, which is a felony if they don't report it! Worry about yourself and your kid Karen!

Hey. Got an idea for ya. How about you start putting that list of felons together and this way nobody has to read the drivel you seem to consistently want to write about here. Oh yea.... make sure you put your big boy pants on and sign that felons list.