Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous

"What's pathetic is you attacking someone for posting a well thought out comment. Early commitments and high transfer rates among lacrosse players and college athletes as a whole is a huge topic right now.
Keep your snarky comments out of it and stick to the topic."

Have not seen that early commits have high transfer rates, or that lacrosse players have higher transfer rates compared to other athletes. You are acting as if this is a proven fact based on a few examples cited by one poster and that seems like a bunch of nonsense, snarky or not. What is the topic exactly , I know a few kids who did not commit early and waited it out only to be let down not getting into any of their top choices .

Listen, this forum is here for discussion. You have constantly attacked posters and thrown the word "pathetic" around so much it's....well...pathetic. If you would like your comments posted simply discuss the topics. Enough said.

Fair enough. Have never seen a study before but these arguments against early recruiting do not seem to have any actual facts behind them. Do non athletes who decided what college they will be attending senior year transfer from their selected schools, do some of these kids do poorly academically
once they are free from the oversight of mommy and daddy? Is it at a greater percent than kids who were early commits , who knows. My kid plays YJ , have not heard of anyone not going to a school they committed to because they did not meet the academic standards in high school( I am sure it has happened but certainly not common) that being said I know a non athlete who applied for early admission got accepted then goofed off so much that they were then denied.Do I think the early committing is a good thing , no , do I think that most of these kids will do just fine , yes.