Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Every winter league I've ever been in has lopsided divisions. It's one of the things that make me not like winter leagues. My daughter's HS fields a varsity and JV team in winter league but there are never enough players so it's always a mix of 8th - 12th graders, and more ofent than not we're playing teams composed of a broad mix as well. At least our league is all school teams because I'd hate for our mixed-level HS team to come up against a HS-level club team, yet that's where club teams find themselves. It's a crap sitaution.

Agreed Powder. I really do not see much benefit to these indoor leagues for lax. Daughter played last year and did not find it very helpful for the spring season. They are typically unbalanced in terms of the talent and team level, they don't have the actual coaches coaching the teams in some instances, and it does not simulate the outdoor experience. While girls do get stick time and catching and throwing they could do the same practicing with their own team in an indoor facility. A scrimmage outside against another team once in awhile if the weather settles a bit would be better. The winter is for one thing only. Training. That's how parents/coaches need to view it. Running around aimlessly for 60 mins and not having girls work on their weaker hand, scooping correctly, switching hands, moving off the ball correctly is what they should be focusing on. Not scores.