Originally Posted by Anonymous
I took my daughter to the 2018 Top Gun tryout last month and when I got there I was impressed on how organized they were. Little did I know what I was in for. My daughter and just about her whole current team came down to tryout that day in the hopes of making one of the teams. Wouldn't you know that NOT ONE GIRL MADE ANY TEAM. Billy's response was that "They miss a few every now and then".
Granted, some of the girls just cant play at a high level and I get that, but Bill Smith missed the boat on several top players who just recently tried out for another top lacrosse program and made that Lacrosse clubs A and B teams. These girls are good athletic LAX players and Bill and Shannon let a college friendship control a tryout.
After looking into it, we the parents discovered that Shannon apparently played LAX at Northwestern with our coach. Was it a coincidence that not 1 player made any team?? They took 15 kids $35 per kid and had NO INTENTIONS OF ANY OF THOSE GIRLS TO MAKE ANY OF THE TEAMS. Its disgusting what they did to these girls.
Im so glad my daughter IS NOT PLAYING FOR TOP GUN. Talk about politics and who you know. The only ones here who get punished are the 13 year old girls. Shame on you Bill and Shannon..Shame..

Oh yeah, he missed the boat. I'm sure they had good reasons. Good luck.
It’s no better on the YJ side. They have a Friends and Family package that guarantees you a spot on the Blue team regardless of your skill level. There are kids on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams that are better than the kids that play on the last string on the Blue team, but because they’re not a friend of the coach or have some kind of family connection to another coach, they don’t make the team. The only difference between TG and YJ is that CR keeps adding more teams each year, so if you tryout there, you’ll probably make a team. Good Luck
Typical parents that crawl up the coaches and directors butt just to make sure that their kid gets a spot. These are the same kind of parents that will sign up to coach their kid so they can make sure that the kid gets a substantial amount of playing time or gets picked if there are tryouts. In most of these cases, the parents are fat, lazy and obnoxious and always have an angle.

Noparent coaching at TG, go to YJ or Elevate if you want parent coaches