Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a jaded TG parent the U15 results do not surprise me one bit. I think SS does draw talent to her teams and that's all TGs has going for it. The practices, indoor nonsense and coaches (minus one or two) are a joke. I admire MD teams, its like watching a well oiled machine, transition, cuts, feeds. So many passes ending in a quick stick goal you don't even know who scored it happens so quick. YJ likes to put the game on the back of big stud isolation players, same model as when SS played there. One or two studs and it is effective, just not pretty lacrosse. TG seems to promote same selfish brand. Congrats to YJs on win, I know TG can only compete with them in one or two age groups, the others are way behind. BTW this US lacrosse thing isn't drawing the top talent, Someone should set up a NY vs MD championship tournament. Add in MA, CT,NJ,PA, VA and what the [lacrosse] are we traveling to FL or CO for?

To jaded TG parent, I think the biggest difference between LI teams and MD teams is the frequency with which these teams play as a team throughout the year. The MD teams are well oiled because they play a lot of games/scrimmages/leagues/ outside the summer tournament circuit. Many MD schools don't have MS sports either so the clubs have there own de facto league where they play each other frequently throughout the spring. Thus these teams build chemistry and familiarity with each other at an early age.

Could lacrosse follow the lead of soccer and create a '[lacrosse]' for lacrosse? I don't see why not. It would effectively wipe out PAL but everybody moans about PAL anyway so it wouldn't be missed. There are plenty of clubs at this point on LI to create such a league. Any takers?

A previous poster who was displeased with the last TG practice stated the same thing. The teams need more than a watered down once a week practice. Why are they not scrimmaging each other being that the same age groups practice together? And the fact that YJ puts the best players on the top team counts. After this season TG really needs to put friendships aside and rearrange black/purple so that the best 20-not 25, are playing together. Put them all on purple so the black parents can still beat their chest thinking they are the top team. Need to do something!

No, actually, they don't NEED to do anything. They have plenty of happy customers. If you're not happy YOU need to do something!

I agree with the first guy, they need to do something. Talking to many, many parents and it is nearly unanimous, everyone wants less players per team, please charge us more and do this! Maybe to only people who would want to avoid this move are the people who would need to move down.BOTC has the pulse of the people, people want this for the club, do it.