Originally Posted by Anonymous

I have never seen dysfunction and hate like this in any youth sports program. I have to say, I am quite shocked! It is also not just from former TG parents but current ones as well. No clue why they stay here when there are so many other options.

The dysfunction in this sport is bigger than just this club. It lurks throughout girl's travel lax (at least on Long Island). Fueled by a small percent (not that small though), that wouldn't say most of what they say unless it was anonymously. Many of these threads have turned into a virtual internet slambook for people involved girls lacrosse. Most of the perpetrators of these vicous attacks are the people who are well to do (upper middle class and above) who are used to getting their way if they cry loud enough, and the other half are dad's who themselves underachieved athletically, and wish they had sons, but are pushing their daughter's in what they feel would be the equivalent of football.

This small group of people and their postings, cause anxiety throughout the lacrosse community which further fuels issues and anxiety of the larger percentage of rational adults who's children play and participate. Once you come and read these boards, even if you don't post, they have an effect on you. No matter how rational and low key you may be.

Why does this only seem to be an LI issue? All the LI threads are constantly used for bashing parents and kids. Meanwhile the MD threads are crickets. All the while the beat our butts year in and year out. What are we doing wrong up here?

BOTC is LI centric. They could actually do a much better job structuring the thread locations for the MD clubs, but they aren't on the main forum with all the threads that get action. Instead MD clubs are left to stir pots on yj and tg threads. If you have been monitoring the threads you know they are just as troublesome and problematic. If you had M&D and Skywalker threads on main board, many tg and yj parents would go on, cut into teams and players, back and forth, would have as much traffic as yj, tg.