Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]

In case you haven't heard the Maryland parents can't stand the yj, primarily because of the parents and coaches

That's nonsense. I'll bet most MD parents have no issue with YJ and would much rather see their kids playing YJ than any other team from LI. Grudges are held for local clubs, don't play YJ enough to develop bad blood.

That logic does not hold up. YJs play the MD teams much more often than they play TG.

Sure it does. The typical MD club family experience with YJ is probably less than 10 games over 6-7 years with half being 30 minute games. That's it, done and over when the horn sounds. They don't play in LI rec leagues, don't play at LI High Schools, don't compete for spots on LI club teams, don't go to LI cocktail parties and don't engage in all this LI trash-talk. Guarantee you MD club parents/kids have far more intense feelings towards other MD clubs than any club from NY, NJ, VA, PA......

Actually, speaking as a MD parent, I come on here because I find it hilarious how vindictive and hateful YJ and TG are to each other. My daughter plays for M&D and honestly has no feeling like this toward Skywalkers, TLC, etc. Of course they don't like losing to them, but she has friends from school on all those teams. Do you want to lose to them? Of course not. But the vitriol that is spit out on here? I've honestly never heard that from MD parents about other MD teams.

Girls up here also have friends that play on other clubs.The problem is parents who are trying to live their Athletic FAILURES through their Children. If someone child is a player they also are reading these post and laughing.