Originally Posted by Anonymous
Know the kid and family you are talking about. What a shame some of you feel the need to bash. She's good and she's a nice kid. You can come on here and say what you want but most people have seen the way she plays and her play speaks for itself. Know the family for years. Our girls are friends from TG. They will remain great friends and so will we! Doubt the family is worried about fitting in anywhere. They have 2 older girls who play so making friends with the mommy's and daddy's of their youngest is probably not a big priority for them so you can can "stop worrying" - they will be fine.

Why would they not want to become friends with the parents of kids on their kids team, are they too good for them.

I think it was said becoming friends is not a priority. I can totally understand that. I prefer to be casual with the other parents on my team as well. I participate in the events and leave it at that. Nothing wrong with that.

Actually there is something wrong with that. You will be spending the better part of the next 4-5 summers with these people , in hotels , at the fields, at practices etc . Most will have many things in common with you yet it seems and I could be wrong that you have no interest in even trying to strike up a friendship with these people. I know the type and you use the few parents who are the gossipy pains in the [lacrosse] as the excuse to keep to yourselves and stay "above all the political nonsense". Unfortunately you are probably missing out on some great friendships that will last beyond the years spent on the sidelines.

The writer said they keep it casual and participate in all events. That doesn't sound like having no interest in making friends. Sounds healthy.

What's sad is that TG has quickly become so much like the YJ program they hate so much.