Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Honey badgers are a TG daddy team and I hope the coach is proud of his actions. To those of you whose child barely played or did not play at all at a charity event so we could claim a victory over a mixed level YJ team I am sorry.Believe me it was not much better watching my kid stand around while they run isolation plays for the three superstars the whole game, great team game we are playing.Before you come on here with the anonymous call at least tell us you are proud of the coaching job you did.

YJ was not a mixed level team.

YJ team was not a mixed level team.

This is what I think is so funny , you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, the team that played in the finals had kids playing together that were not on the same teams over the summer and as they have not had a tryout yet it is a mixed level team. It is possible every kid on that team will be on YJ top team next year, but more than likely no. Even sadder is this is what you come on here to contradict not the fact that your TG team seemed so desperate to win that you had kids not even get into the game..I get this was not a TG team event and the TG daddy running it can do what ever he wants and if you don't like it go play for someone else but these are 11 year old kids playing at a charity event for eating disorders.Who cares who wins ,if you are okay with winning even at the price of your kids or your kids teamates confidence then that's a shame, remember these kids self images can impact them in ways we just don't understand.

YJ is just as guilty of coming to a charity event with a win at all cost attitude too. Nevermind the mindgames on 11 year old girls, gotta get the W. Guess that backfired. Way to take the good out of a good cause.

Anyone that says Curcio didn't play to win is fooling themselves. Fact is Curcio has a flawed team. CR will say the teams are made randomly in the fall. Untrue. Curcio hand picked her team while the leftovers went and played for her assistant. The excuse of Charity Event, 25 minute games, etc need to stop. Its a ridiculous excuse. Every loss is an excuse waiting to happen with these parents ie. YJ Jones, TG etc. if you stop making excuses, no one will talk about it. Problem is Curcio needs to look at other girls in their organization who are better defenders and better team players. I'm sure she will right her ship.

I agree this age group is flawed. Much of it is based on who has/had an older sister that is a YJ, who pays the most to train w the coach, who travels the farthest, who has staff connections, who's in the right school district. You can't dispute these facts.

Funny, you speak of the YJ defenders being flawed. I always thought the YJ defense was strong. Problem is you need to score a few more goals. Defenders not flawed - offense is the weak link. If defense keeps most games to 4-7 goals against, that is a job well done. If you are only scoring 4-5 goals a game - there lies your problem. Problem is, all the [lacrosse] kissers kids are on offense.