Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought this club was started because the owner was disgusted with the YJ and their "money grabbing" ways.
I remember hearing the talk in the beginning how in the YJ organization there was so much politics and favoritism and TG would be the answer to that.
Is TG just a certain college coaches farm team?
Has TG become just another money grabbing machine playing favorites and preying on parents instinct to help their kids?

With other options available that seam to nurture the girls with professional coaching (certified coaches not college kids) and life building guidance does this club really live up to their original mission as sold.
I don't know but it's worth discussing.

I am not sure TG was started so much because of the YJ money grab. More like a father seeing an opportunity and wanting a piece of the pie. They used that Money Grab to get top quality girls to come over to TG.

Initially their model worked at the time, other programs have changed to meet the demands of high level instruction, but this model doesn't develop girls to the level of quality programs anymore. TG can no longer provide the quantity or quality of instruction in their present model of having college girls coach each team. SS has little to do with the club now other than sending her Hofstra girls to pick up the slack for when the other real college coaches are not around (and that is even a step down from the college girls promised to coach the teams), and BS has limited knowledge and he is only one person (AS is infrequently available).
This has led to many, if not most of their talent to drain away. A big hit to them was when their most knowledgable coach left to start his own program. He took some talent with him and has been able to develop his new team (2020) and they are going to be close to as good as that TG team was when he was still there. People will take notice of his development model as his teams have more success. The girls who didn't go with him went to YJ to a very strong team and are very happy there. They are beginning the recruiting process and see the benefits that YJ gives them over TG.

Even with SS coaching 2020 and 2018 last summer the talent seems to be leaving. Many headed to YJ and are enjoying successful recruiting. Very few TG girls are being recruited now because other college coaches don't trust SS or BS because they see the conflict of interest and don't trust SS word.

TG is becoming the Beachbums of a few years ago,(prior to their buyout) just twice the price.

Great post, dead on. Except one opinion seems way off. The quality coach that headed for the hills to start his own program, that part is correct. The thought that the team he assembled will be even remotely as dominate as TG2020blk was is a pipe dream. He never took talent with him, most of the talent did leave, just not with him. Since the TG team has drastically declined, he may soon be on par with them, but will never get to where he was when he coached at TG's.