Originally Posted by Anonymous
My close friend tells me that one of the 2017 Goalies is a 2018 grad year player.
Do teams normally let girls play up and if that were the case why wouldn't BS play his niece who is a 2018 grad up as she is highly regarded. What happens when the 2017 girls graduate, where does this goalie go for her last year ?
I see this mixing of years as a potential problem for the girl who is brought up or some poor kid playing 2018 and is booted her last year to bring this girl down to her actual graduating year. Is there rules for this as I know there is movement at the U15 tournament but was not aware this could go on during the summer travel season.
If BS would not move his niece up, who is a better goalie than this new girl then if I were the Goalie who was getting moved up parents I would be concerned and asking questions. I get it that goalies are not easy to come by but where does this stop,,,,,,,like the u15 do they start mixing teams by birth date and not graduating year.
We like the club but this has a few of us raising our eyebrows about what the main objective is here.

Was that an 2018 goalie for last summer or are you talking about this as a move for next summer? 2018 had 4 goalies for three teams last year. That's a tough position with all the politics that go on. One team had two goalies splitting time while the other two teams did not, seems very unfair to both of them and one of them may very well be a top goalie for the age group.