Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Dayum, quite the CageSage smackdown and thankfully not directed at me! smile

While I have your attention, do you have anything to add to the D1 scholarship discussion currently ongoing on the YJ thread? I've been waiting for some input from you.
Regarding the Yellow Jackets thread discussion, National Letters of Intent will typically spell out the academic, athletic, and financial aid considerations independently from one another. The poster in that thread who claimed that the award was lumped together has obviously not seen an NLI in person.

BOTC has been doing research on a very confusing topic : Does an academic award count against the NCAA Compliance limitations for scholarship counts even though the money not be coming from the athletics side? There are very mixed pictures here based on sport, year in college (freshman or not), and other criteria. This is one of the most difficult areas of the compliance codes rivaled only by training unit calculations and the distribution of those during preseason.

In order to provide an accurate answer, we are simply going to need to spend more time on the subject. Lest anyone think we are kidding, the book from the NCAA defining this code is 444 pages in length - and that is only the NCAA Division I version. There are independent copies for Division II and III.