Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter made purple. She can easily play black. Didn't have the best tryout. That's the way it goes. Next year will hopefully turn out better. Move on

So says the parent of every girl on purple...............
I know this to be true. A black player on 2015 makes the team every year, not because she is good but because of the town she lives in and the close relationship to the coach, this same girl did not make her varsity high school team until she was a sophomore, and barley got any playing time. A purple player in the same year made varsity as a freshman and gets extensive playing time. It is not fir me to make up anyones mind, but this seems to concur that in Top Guns, it's not how well you play but who you know

When a kid make varsity doesn't really give an indication of how good they are. You need to provide more information. What HS?. A kid could play varsity as a freshman in one place and never make it somewhere else.
A girl on 2015 black didn't make a varsity team at High School A. While a girl on 2015 purple made varsity, and got considerable playing time. The only difference between Top Guns , and High School A is that at Top Guns the black player was friends with the coach, and at High School A when the friendly coach is not there, and she is forced to prove herself she is 1. unable to secure a position, and 2. unable to make it on the field because her performance and attitude is poor. the High School in question is irrelevant , suffice it to say that with out the political connection , the black player is second rate in the eyes of an impartial evaluator. Good luck playing for Top Guns, pucker up to excel

if the two players you at=re speaking about are not on the same High school team there can be no comparison..

Thank you - beat me to it. This whole mess started because the original poster did not specify whether the girls go to the same school or not. If not, it's apples and oranges - like D1 vs D3.