Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
and who are your predictions of the other 2? I respectfully disagree about TG. Too much politics.
Similar to the merger of the RipCurls into the Beach Bums, we think that there is still scope for more talent consolidation with smaller (limited number of teams) clubs finding homes in larger organizations.

Top Guns are well-entrenched in southern Suffolk County and the Hofstra WLAX connection gives this club two county coverage which should provide strength.

Unless the Yellow Jackets are acquired, they figure to be the second strong program - business conditions might change, but if the Yellow Jackets can continue to exploit a relationship with Stony Brook, that would imply that the Island's two NCAA Division I teams are aligned with the two biggest programs.

In our view, a combination of Team Elevate and Liberty is the most likely scenario - this would build a powerful organization throughout Nassau County to the Suffolk border.

The clubs that decide to form an NCAA Division II alliance (LIU/Post, Adelphi, Dowling) might form this next group in the core five.

Again, these are all business decisions looking at the Girls Lacrosse landscape on Long Island.

To fill out a potential "Top Five", we need to look into the crystal ball - SCAS, Adrenaline, Beach Bums, Teams 91 Girls? Remember that the game is just starting to gain traction in the five boroughs - one solid club from Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan could change the girls landscape in a hurry.

Are Elevate and Liberty considering merging? Is that just your opinion or do you know if there have been discussions. I know that elevate played at a liberty tournament this weekend and did very well. Again - is this a prediction or fact?