Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can't understand YJ's obsession with winning. The point of club lax is to get your players exposed to college coaches for recruiting purposes. But, it seems YJ is more concerned with winning at all costs, and showcasing player talent secondly. My guess as this attitude is most likely driven by the YJ parents. Win, win, win. I've seen them. They seem to have no problem calling out a player, yelling at refs, yelling at other teams players, etc. It is absolutely no fun to watch your daughter play when her opponent is YJ and their parents. But hey...like Mr YJ Parent stated earlier in this thread...they play in "real" tournaments. I like the comment above...Congrats on winning your stick. It must mean a LOT to Mr and Mrs YJ Parent. Personally for me and my family and daughter (D1 commit), we would rather have the players be showcased to the college of her dreams. It's about the players, Mr and Mrs YJ Parent, not you!

It's also about feeding the yj money machine, hard to get top players (and wanna be's) to play for losing programs - Come to yj and you're elite