Thank you. That was very helpful answer which is something you don't get on this site very often LOL Thus far my daughters experience with Hopkins has been very positive but she's getting to that point that recruiting is becoming important and I'm a little nervous to be honest Leaving isn't always the best option because the grass isn't always greener on the other side so I wonder do we stick it out with SS and hope that she gets looks based on her talent. very stressful
Originally Posted by Anonymous
okay this is a legitimate question. what makes the coaching better at yj? knowledge of the game, or personality? do they also have college aged coaches? or all adults. in some ways I wonder if college age can be appositive, as they are current players and know whats expected. but I can also see the negative as in lack of caring etc
The Top Guns program has lost alot of talented due to poor jugment on their part. They really never eval at practice or tournaments.Not even the world class coaching is asked if any girl or girls have improved over the summer tour. this was one reason why we moved on 2yrs ago . We couldn't take the chance on having my child being eval by how much money or how many girls I can bring in from one town . its terrible how this business is run. started off good and seems like its going down real fast

From my experience, having a college coach is great for connecting with kids, for them to have someone to look up to and bringing up to date drills, ect. The biggest problem I encountered was the off season (they are not there), communication (lack of organization) and many times they get a real job after graduating and move on, leaving the team starting over with a new coach. This was what happened to my one daughter.
Having an "adult" or established coach with a college assistant, gives the team stability in the off season, usually good communication and organization. During the recruiting years, your daughter will have a proven advocate that has a prior track record of placing girls in schools (since they are HS coaches or have other older travel teams). The college assistant helps run practice (and coach when the head coach can't be there, if the head coach has multiple teams, which is sometimes an issue). But they are usually with the team for years, providing stability.