Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MD parent here. In my 10 years of club lax parenting, I have never heard one MD team parent say they liked to play YJ. Not because of the competition...clearly the YJ TEAM is top-notch competition. It's the incessant yelling and bitching and moaning from the parents and coaches (and the ones who think they're both a parent/coach AND ref). It's almost impossible to watch and enjoy the game. And, I will add, I can't think of ANYONE from any club team that enjoys sitting next to YJ parents. Every time I've heard someone say they saw YJ on the schedule, every time their reaction was something like "Oh geez...THE PARENTS!" They seem to have this sense of entitlement, that every call should go their way, no one should defend their little girl or that no one is good enough to play against them. But, they also think that their little LI angel can just beat the [lacrosse] out of an attacker, run over another player for a GB, etc. It's horrible. I'm glad we don't play against them that much. We have great teams here in MD, and luckily we play against good "A" bracket competition in the summer.

You must be a real treasure. "I'm glad we don't play against them that much." Glad to hear it's all about you.

Why don't we move this to the yj thread