Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's list some SS facts: Her best years at Hofstra were her 1st and 3rd years, primarily the previous coaches recruits. Hofstra has been 11-21 the past two seasons. She has had had trouble retaining girls with several girls leaving the team last fall season and has been continuously criticized for her inability to relate and form relationships with her players. Now that her team has had two years with entirely her own recruits she has had two losing seasons. Unfortunately successful coaching at any level requires the ability to form interpersonal relationships with your athletes, relate and inspire them, and ultimately earn their respect. There is a difference between fear and respect and you should never confuse the two. Good coaches earn their players respect, SS on the other hand is feared. Don't believe me, ask any TG player if they are afraid of here and the overwhelming majority will say they are afraid of her.

Her club teams have encountered some problems from a player retention standpoint. Her last strong class of multiple high level top program commits were probably 2016, (though 2020 has had a good start). She is inappropriate on the sidelines often when addressing these young athletes, saying things that comes out callous, and she should try to preserve some of these girls self esteems and help build self confidence instead of tear it down (here come all the kool-aide drinkers, who are going to say your daughter isn't tough enough, but would you let some punk on the street verbally abuse your daughter? then why would you let a person in a coaching/authority role do it?) and it is obvious that though she works for a University, and claims to teach young people athletics and everything that is supposed to go with that (the virtues or sportsmanship, hardwork and respect) she is a poor excuse of any sort of educator.

You can see the disfunction of the father/daughter relationship and the resentment build in this woman. She has little passion for the game left, the only passion is for the survival of the brand to support the people feeding off of it. The father runs to his truck between games to avoid any interaction with parents or players cause as he has expressed many times he hates parents, and they know nothing. In his mind there is only one way and that is the Smith way. And AS....well we will leave that for another time.

LOL, but probably very accurate

Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Wow is right, you bench sitters need to find a different sport. You couldn't be more wrong. But I guess disgruntled players make up this kind of crap at all the clubs. My experience is very different from what your experience is. Club lacrosse is a dog eat dog world. You need to perform to be on the field.

You sound more bitter than the "bench sitters". You are either a Smith or your daughter is one of the "three go to goal girls". There is lots of crazy on these boards but if something pops up enough there is usually a grain of truth to it. Disgruntled players don't "make this crap up at all the clubs"...on other forum threads the complaints are different. These are pretty specific to TG. When reading some of these comments, I couldn't believe the similarity to our experience. TG attracts talent, granted everyone can't be a superstar, but anyone can witness the behavior/comments of SS or BS on a sideline. There was a lot more in the original comment than about playing time...it addressed how the girls are spoken to and it anticipated that someone like you would make your comment. Seems like there are lots of disgruntled people at all the clubs so I guess it is a matter of pick your poison. I repeat, anyone can come witness a tournament & see how SS, BS, & AS behave and see the truth in the above statement.

If you're so unhappy, stop complaining and go somewhere else....if they will have you. If you do , I'm pretty sure you'll be making the same complaint. Sadly lacrosse is a shark tank!

Club lax is a business, nothing more, nothing less.