Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In fairness, TG 2016 absolutely smoked YJ in last years fall "showcase". I think it surprised everyone since many of YJ's top players were there. If YJ is that good and that deep they should never get smoked like that. As for a few other showcase events they have played in I recall YJ subbing absolutely nobody and TG playing kids fairly evenly (rightly so since it was a showcase event) and only losing by 1-2 goals. To say that these 2016 teams are not very close in ability is very unfair. TG is not strong at many age groups but 2016 is a very good team.

The facts are what they are ,your 2016 TG team is 1-5 against YJ. Every homer parent thinks that their team is subbing fairly and the other team is not when they lose, its human nature,I have fallen victim to it myself. It did not surprise YJ in the first spring tournament last year as they knew who they were missing and was not the only game they lost that weekend to a team that they had beaten every time in the past.It was a combo team with some kids from the 3rd level team. TG 2016 is a descent team but not in the top 5 ,again is what it is. It certainly would be a lot easier if both clubs owners were not so thick headed and they just played in leagues against each other.

Both teams (YJ 2016 and TG 2016) were at National Draw last year. Both played in the same bracket, Both teams beat Skywalkers Blue. Both teams were 4-0 in pool play.. YJ moved on due to tie breakers. That was the tournamnet where they should have played, that could have ended all this back and forth.. but someone set the brackets up so that only one of those teams would move on without having to play each other...oh and the YJ team knew exactly when TG gave up the goal and lost the tie breaker, YJ played keep away for the rest of their game never giving their opponent a chance to score..winning I think 4-0.. Some ones little brother ran from the TG field to Defo with the score as soon as it happend.. Congrats on winning your stick