Originally Posted by Anonymous
Long time lurker of BOC, first time poster. With regard to this last weekend's showcases. (This is a little off topic and sorry if I am highjacking the thread) I have to say, this Summer/Fall has been quite a learning experience for me as a parent.

I learned that tourney registrations and scheduling is NOT based on merit. Some clubs don't have to have an army of parents manning the registration pages when it opens and then closes in less than 5 minutes. I noticed that the same "A" level teams played each other both on Sat and Sun. One team was "frozen out". It's really been bugging me because this Summer and Fall is important for the 16's. This last weekend, they played and crushed one minor "A" team as well as several "B" level teams....in front of no college coaches. It's rigged! It's all about the "Brand" and making money.

My daughter's team has not lost to the "vaunted" Skywalkers Blue since they were in 6th grade. Haven't lost to TG's since 6th grade. In addition, until this last weekend, they were the only team to have beaten M&D 16 Black more than once....(I believe it's 4 times now). Congrats to the Defoe BTW, Our girls were hoping for another opportunity to play the YJ's and the TG's but were denied that opportunity.

It's just deflating to see that worthy teams are prevented from playing meaningfull games against strong opponants in front of collegiate recruiters.

Sorry for the rant. Im just sick and tired of the blatant "backdoor" manipulation.

Too funny , you had your chance to play the best 2016 teams but did not make it out of pool play, all you had to do was win all your pool play games and you were in.Seems that when YJ is around you guys never catch a break.