Originally Posted by Anonymous
Many 2017s left over the last 3 years and many wish they did. All who left were recruited while some who stayed were not. Others who stayed (like myself) were given ZERO help. My daughters emails went unanswered and the final insult was a hasty phone call which BS said he would return but hasn't. My daughter is a 4 year varsity starter in high school and is quick and tough. Every single thing she did was on her own recruit wise- the little things she didn't know she had to figure out on her own. I'm glad it's over, and do not recommend this club to anybody. My daughter is a great student and will play at all he next level but wanted to stay closer to home, however it wasn't an option at the D1 level. Probably should have given D2 more thought in hindsight. I believe God sets our paths and hope to his is the one he chose for her but already feel we should have done more research. TG does not encourage team bonding and some girls dismiss others once they are recruited. Would not do it all over again or recommend it. Good luck to those who have not been recruited yet, there are still some very good D 3 schools looking for talent.

2017 parent here. Not many left over last 3 years from my recollection. Same core group of girls still playing together and had a phenomenal summer together. It is unfortunate that not all players received the help they were looking for and some girls are still uncommitted. It is not over, there is still fall ball. Do you have to do your homework and guide your children...absolutely, you can't leave it all to the owners. Being a 4 year starter on varsity puts very little into perspective, especially when you need to take into account the size of the program and the competitiveness in making the team from the HS they are coming from. It seems you may have a differing evaluation of your daughter's level of play than coaches may have if you are not receiving contact.

The team played at plenty of tournaments over the last couple of years in front of dozens and dozens of coaches. Plenty of opportunity to be noticed. Never thought about leaving the program, it was the right fit for us and worked out very well for my daughter in the end. Good luck to your daughter and I hope she finds her place, however, I will recommend this club to anyone who asks in the future. I guess that is the nature of business (and it is a business), one club works for some but not for others. Just figured I would put a differing opinion out for all to read.

At least 10 girls left according to rosters from the last 3 years. Constant rotating coaches and no show from Andrew did not help. There were also girls on purple lusted as players this year who did not play. Retread my post- my daughter found her place, but without any help from the club despite asking for guidance. In Virginia we had to combine teams because players were so checked out by then! Your daughter was given the playing time and attention that every one who paid deserved. Sadly it's the end of the road for some talented players who almost made a move to another club but foolishly stayed.

This age group had 3 teams 3 years ago. 2 years ago we had the fiasco of one giant roster for purple and a small roster for black after white folded. Many girls decided enough was enough and left. 26 girls committed in 2017 age group according to their website. At least 20 girls still left uncommitted. We left before last season when the game just wasn't fun anymore. My daughter was able to get recruited without their help and didn't miss TG one bit.