Nobody would deny YJ is a top organization. Some people have girls that are excellent players but choose not to put them in the toxic environment that the YJ teams have. Its created by over the top parents that create a me first selfish style of play. The coaching staff for TG is spread too thin and I agree not playing in competitive fall tournaments or playing winter lacrosse hurts their development and that's why players leave for YJ.[/quote]

People leave the smaller programs and go to TG because TG is more competitive in Maryland. What they fail to realize is TG does not do much in the fall and winter because they encourage girls to do other sports - which I think is the right thinking. This is bad because it does not let them get to know the new players on the rosters. Lineups are set from the previous year - which will be 11 months out from when the coaches saw the girls last - and changes are rarely made. Coaches are not there until a week before the first tournament - and don't really know the new girls either. You will play more on a smaller club. The club will not win as much - if at all, but your daughter will play more and develop. Right about now, all of the parents of daughters who were moved from black to purple are calling BS and many will get moved back to black. That creates rosters more than 24. In the end, money rules. They do not care if your daughter rides the bench. Many good girls ride the bench and it is not their fault, but they will be on a better team.