This is certainly possible, and if thats your case, that's great. Yet Im sure when 100 plus girls try out for an age group for a yj or tg team, they are hoping to land as high as they can. So back to my original question, if your daughter makes the 3rd, 4th or fifth team in one of these organizations, what is the likelyhood of moving up. I'm looking for a real example, no names, just if it happens. And I'm not talking theretical, I can answer that myself. Has it been done? How far back (3rd team 5th team) and how many years did it take. (because some girls do love to play and hope to go to a higher level) [/quote]
The younger ages don't have 3, 4, or 5 teams. Only 1 or 2. Certainly kids have often moved up one team and rarely, but sometimes two. I don't think that there are any age groups with 5 teams and most of teh kids on the 4th team started much later and/or just aren't as talented. I also think that most kids, after 1 or 2 years on a given team, don't want to move up but raterh want to keep the relations that they have.