Originally Posted by Anonymous
Its very disheartening reading the top gun forum. My daughter really enjoyed her self last year. Is this how you feel or your child feels about there team mates and how clinic and camps are run. Or how old someone is on the team and what the coach does or doesn't do. It makes it hard for me to think my child could learn anything but how not to act in this kind of environment. I hope some people can take a step back and see what they are saying and doing. I hope someone from top gun reads this and adjust the direction this group is heading. It is only going to get worse.

It is funny that you say that. When we were looking at teams for my daughter this year we had heard about this issue with the parents/coaches and had actually seen some of it first hand at a tournament last year. When we thought about having her tryout for TG she herself (an 11 year old) said she didnt want to go because of the feeling she got from them last year. They lost to one of the teams and beat the other team at their Hofstra tournament and my daughter said the parents were yelling at the kids when they were losing and that the kids themselves did not display "good sportmanship" when they were losing and when they lost. While we did see some of this as well it was overly apparent to an 11 year old girl - wheich really says it all. And you are right, it all starts at the top with the people running the program, the coaches and the parents. Learning the game is important - but what is more important is what you learn around the game (teamwork, sportsmanship, unity, etc.) and these are the values you will take with you way beyond your lacrosse career which will end at age 21. The lack of all these values are clearly displayed on this website everyday by TG parents - calling out kids and coaches and teammates and complaining about the program directors and clinics, etc. There are other clubs out there that teach far more than just lacrosse and I am glad that we have found one.

How do you know TG parents are making the ANONYMOUS posts? Surely there are many non TG folks stirring the pot. Go on the other clubs threads and the comments are equally ridiculous at times. With that said you may want to reconsider forming opinions on who is making anonymous posts.

Exactly...great point. For someone to use anonymous posts to form their opinion on ANY club program is ridiculous...