Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I agree that the white 2017 team is going to be very strong. As a high school boys varsity coach I was at tryouts with my daughter. I could not believe the large turnout of new players. They were very athletic. Lets face it , 9 th grade is when it starts to matter so that is why all these girls who probably have played multiple sports now have to decide to choose, so they show up at tryouts. There were so many strong players B.S. had to make another team. There's no way he could of turned down all the new talent. If you are concerned that this team is going to be the weak link , don't be . My daughter who has been a varsity lax player since 8 th grade made the purple team & I asked for her to be put on white. New team with new talent. [/quo

Going by last year and the first age group to expand to white, they do spread the talent out well, what may seem like politics to some may actually be a part of the plan to keep a reasonable amount of talent spread throughout the teams instead of leaving the purple and white teams for dead. Taking my kid out of this equation, there are many players who would be obvious candidates to move a team up or a team down, while politics may come into play, this seems a great way to deal with the load of kids who show up for tryouts. The first year or two the purple teams struggled hard, 2018 was the first age group to go to white and it turned out to be a decent team. I know you will see tons of the higher team parents on here crying about my next comment, black was barely better than purple who was barely better than white. For each step there was an increase in talent just as there should be, but again TG did a nice job of spreading the talent out.

Exactly...I'm sure that's what they're planning for 2017 too

Are you serious? Then why have a tryout. Black is black and that's that. The purple and white teams are not competitive, just money makers.

You are a tool. Purple played tougher teams and had the same record as black, their loses were always within 3 goals. Try and keep track this year and get back to us next August. Until then, let thevgirls play, let the coaches coach and be nice. Niceness counts