Originally Posted by Anonymous
If my daughter was scrimmaging with the TG Black girls at the end of the tryout, does that mean she probably made the Black team? Looked like about 24 girls in that group. TIA

Yes, that is a good indication that she will end up on that team

Nope - she made the Purple team. I guess we aren't from the right town. TG not immune to the cesspool that is girls lacrosse on LI.
Sorry to hear but maybe it wasn't about being from the 'right town" and maybe more about ability?
I really doubt that it had nothing to do with being from the roght town. the smiths are just as bad as anyother club with there politics, if not worse. I think your kid is screwed either way. If you plan to stay within Suffolk just get on any A team for this year and have your daughter write every coach under the sun, they really don't care what pinnie she wares, just that she can fill there need. and next year try looking west. Just be realistic with your daughters talent level, and try for schools that she will like and fit in to. Girls from every club get committed to schools, don't fall into the club hype