Originally Posted by Anonymous
What the heck is going on w the 2019 college commits at this age .It just does not make sense that so few at this point are committed .I get that it's still early but a lot of schools are either already done at this age or finishing up and have little to no scholarship left .Not the best team in the age group but as they say the college coaches recruit players not teams , along those lines it seems the 2020 group is doing well and they are really even a weaker team .Are a lot of the 19's looking at slower moving schools that give little to no athletic money like the Ivies etc . I know it sounds harsh but really just curious as my daughter will be there in a couple years .

Maybe the 2019s are taking their time and really researching schools to find the best fit for their child and not just jumping at the 1st school that offers them anything because of the "name of the school. Saying you're going to a Md, UNC or other big schools sounds great but if you're just on the sideline and not playing doesn't really mean much. Being a schools top recruit and being the bottom recruit certainly have different meanings!!

So what u r saying is that tg 2019 has no kids w the ability to be a top (or even mid-tier) recruit at a top 25 program. Well that deosn't say much for the program I guess.

I am not saying that at all! 2019 has PLENTY of great talent that has and will end up at great schools. However, like all teams not everyone is a "top 20" player, My point was that kids that are NOT necessarily the top talent might not be jumping so quickly to go to a a school just because they offer them something. You have to look at the big picture. There is a big difference between "being" on a team and being an important part of a team. I don't think any kid wants to go to a school where they are going to stand on the sideline for 4 years when there maybe a school where they can see field time and make an impact. Look at college sidelines - tons of kids and only probably 12-15 really see consistent playing time. Doing research gives your child the best chance at success both athletically and academically.