Originally Posted by Anonymous
Emails out for 2021. My daughter is new. Made white. Any new kids make black or purple?

2021 white? The black team wasn't very good last year, I can only imagine what skill level will be on white? Look elsewhere before you put your daughter on that team, she will be better off.

Parents, before you pluck down a lot of money to be on a white team, explore your options. In many age groups TG isn't very good. Being on a 3rd team in an age group on TG means even less, especially in age groups where they never carried 3 teams before. Explore your options. Many kids who you think are on or were offered the white team will be exploring their options regardless of what they tell you. Think before you spend a lot of money. Advice from somebody who has been there.

Explore your options is no longer possible, TG in a panic, your money is due now , they know if you explore your options you will be gone.

That is why they have their tryout first. They want to pressure you into a decision. It's the parents responsibility to not fall into the trap and pressure and do what is right by finding what is right for their kid and not just succumbing to TG telling you that you have a few days to send a check. There are a lot of options out there for your kid.

Or maybe it's because they only want kids and families who want TG as their first choice. YJ chooses the opposite strategy - go try everywhere else, and we'll take everyone who's left over, and wants to pay. TG takes a chance, having early tryouts early, and loses money by doing it this way. They would still rather have people that want to be there, and not the ones that wanted someplace else, but didn't make it. They don't want to be your insurance policy. If they were only in it for the money, they'd have tryouts later. Oh, and they give you two weeks not a few days to pay.

In addition to the above argument, I am also happy to have tryouts over with before other fall sports start. If a kid is a soccer or field hockey player as well, they may have to possibly miss a game to attend tryouts later in the fall. My kid plays soccer and if she was to try out for beach bums, legacy or YJ, she would have to miss a game as she has conflicts during each of those tryouts.

This way Lax tryouts are over, she can start school and her fall season without worrying about tryouts or waiting for which team she made.