Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The fatal flaw is you are condoning the on field outburst saying it happens on all sidelines when clearly it does not. Amazing you have no issue with this , where do you draw the line, does he need to come in physical contact w the ref, does he need to actually punch the guy. To funny that when one of these daddy teams beats a YJ team it's a TG win when one of these daddy teams have a coach freak out it has nothing to do w TG.

1. Clearly you are new to sports if you don't think there is bad behavior to be found across the board. Through my children, I've been around organized sports since 1996, I've seen a LOT of crazy stuff from spitting to fist fights (among parents, among players, players threatening the sidelines, on and on) to screaming parents and coaches. I've also seen coaches not stand up for their players and that's not good either, it's a fine line.

2. At no time did I condone bad behavior. As stated above: "No one loves it or approves of it." Acknowledging it happens is far from condoning it.
I have "known of" Powderfinger since long before I actually "knew" Powderfinger ... when our now college graduates were competing in U/10 soccer tournaments.

Truth be told, you will not get a more balanced or more judicious review of youth sports issues from a registered member to this forum than with Powderfinger. We are fortunate to have him/her as a contributor.