I have been traveling with my daughters for three years now with TG and I have seen it all from both sides of the field. Every team has that one Mom or Dad that just doesn't know how to keep their mouths shut about anything. They will bark at the refs, scream instructions to their daughter, and moan out loud when another player on their daughters team misses a ground ball or the goalie lets in an easy goal "how could she".

Why do they act this way ?? probably because the only person to ever tell them to shut up is there 11 year old daughter that is mortified by their constant diarrea of the mouth.

What these parents don't realize is that a majority of the other parents on the sidelines are equally mortified by their behavior and humored by it. We all know who that parent is on each of our girls teams and as the season goes on it only gets worse for everyone involved.

I have found that when a coach has a team meeting before the first game and gives the parents instructions on what their roll is on the sidelines with specific instructions on what they are allowed to say things are drastically improved. On the various youth teams that I coach I tell the parents they are only allowed to cheer for the kids and encourage hustle and agressive clean play. If they want to criticise or coach their kids do it in the car or at home. When this relationship is created from day one the kids stop looking over their shoulder at mommy and daddy and learn to listen to the coaches and play in the "TEAM" system that the coach is trying to develop for every athelete.

Parents please try to just sit back and enjoy the ride. The girls do not need sideline coaches telling them everything they have to do. Your daughters made the team because the evaluators saw the talent that they have. We as parents should sit back and allow them to play the game. At some point we have to trust the coaches and our daughters. It is ok for them to make mistakes it will teach them to be better players. Trust that all that you and her youth coaches have taught them will flourish at this level. They know what to do on the field you have to cut the cord and allow them to make the split second decisions that THEY have to make all by themselves. It may not be the correct decision but the coaches will correct them and they will become better teammates and athletes.

At the younger ages it is all of the other parents that are watching you destroy your daughters experiences. Please correct your behavior now before she gets to the recruiting age and the college coaches start crossing her name off of their list because of your behavior. As good as your daughter may be there are 50 more girls just as good as her without all of the bagage.