Originally Posted by Anonymous
[

It certainly helps the girls get name recognition and select team consideration when trying out. The girls become known quantities at YJs, name on uniforms is also essential for top players in recognition. My daughters played TGs for years, watch many games, never know who is who on field if watching any other team than my daughters. Individual YJ players become much better known and actually locally ( some nationally) famous. I can rattle off dozens of names of relevant YJ players and only a few TG. YJ is way ahead in developing and promoting its players, and in the end that is exactly what this is about.

Your Kidding right ?

I know, they must be kidding! The name on jerseys makes sense, but the rosters getting the girls name recognition??? That's funny!

In the case of YJ they absolutely background check directly from the rosters. In all these select group team tryouts ( not talking club) all the girls pre register, they cross check teams and age groups to see where kids are coming from. If you got 200 kids trying out, the couple TG black and YJ Blue that show up will be pre known. The evaluators have a rough draft roster heading into selections all based on roster hunting names. If nothing else it certainly gives kids the benefit of the doubt headed in and gets them looked at.

Finally! An intelligent answer to the question about posting rosters (not like that moron calling me a fool!). If this happens like you said, it makes sense. Thanks for the reply without any nonsense or name calling!

They ask the clubs for rosters, do you really think they jump online and start looking for your kids team??? [/quote]

Don't have to think, I know for a fact. Posting a roster may do nothing for a third or forth team player, but it certainly helps out the girls on top top team or two. May actually hurt girls on bottom teams as related to this aspect.