Originally Posted by Anonymous
Be careful! These clubs and colleges are businesses and your daughter could get hurt. Ask yourself this. Is your club really out for your kids interests or just the accolades they take credit for and your $$. Treat your daughters recruiting like a business!!!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...dium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Unfortunately, this is what Girl's/Women's Lacrosse has become. Us parents are to blame, we allow our 9th/10th graders to commit. They cannot take their official visits until their senior years. We are making it easy for the coaches and the system to take advantage of this loophole.

Go back to the way it was. Let the HS girls take advantage of all the official visits that are available to them. Commit and sign their NLI in November. It will never happen. Next year 8th graders will commit. Shame on us parents, do we really need our egos stroked at the expense of our daughters???? Apparently so!

Excellent post! I know a few girls who recently verbally comitted but are in academic danger as a result of failing grades. How does that happen? I was under the i,pression you need specific courses and grades?

What is never publicized is the girls who transfer out.

LI girl from Manhasset just transferred FROM Maryland as a JR to Syracuse. Maryland just won a National Championship and lost in the finals the year before...

LI girl (SOPH) transferred from Florida to Fairfield.

Another LI girls (JR at UVA) transferred to Stony Brook. All highly recruited players...

Why transfer? Because they made their decision prematurely? Not all sunshine and roses at their first choices? Balance of school, lax and being away from home too much? Not playing as much as expected or promised? New recruits more talented?

Can't expect our 8/9/10th graders to make educated decisions, they aren't educated enough at that age (15/16 year olds). That's what us parents should be helping them with!