Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice job by TG at inline,was waiting for next game and got to watch your TG team beat a weak town team by a score of something around 28-3. Great sportsmanship showed , I especially like the way you were doubling the ball near the end of the game and the multiple yellow cards for sticks to the head. How many shots do you need to rocket off the opposing goalie before you tell the kids to pull it back a little.To the Riverhead parent that wanted to fight the TG coach , you need to calm down a little but you should have been mad at your own coach , once the TG kids got their 3 card for playing like thugs and hit that poor goalie with about 10 shots she should have just removed the kids from the field and called it a day. Nothing good was coming out of that game for either side.

Top Guns is becoming more like the Yellow Jackets every day and not in a good way.

There are many things a coach can and should do in games like these. Play off hand, give away the draw, three passes, quick stick only shots. I am sure the winning team kids and parents are just as upset as the losing team. Very bad job by inline pairing these teams but sometimes the blame goes on the coach or director of the team in over their heads. I have no problem with a team doubling on defense in a blow out. Even at tournaments these mismatches are a problem all too often.