Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have seen and played that TG team at in line and honestly they are not well coached. Not a lot of passing going on and have some girls struggling w the basics. Seems their main game plan is to run fake plays that are actually isolations for the kid w the ball.

what team? Year and color?

More importantly, what team does his/her daughter play for? If it his such a strong team with such a great coach maybe i will look into having my daughter try out for the team.

You are likely looking at a strong group of players who are playing at inline with a parent whose only roll is to keep the sub lines rotating. TGs coaches are almost exclusively current or recent college players, who are currently away at school. Obvious pros and cons to this model of coaching, in some cases the girls make an incredible bond with these coaches, sometimes not. I am a fan of mature adult coaches as well, so long as there is no mommy/daddy connection. In any event, you can't ask these girls to stop doubling, stop playing defense and let the other team to goal, its not a part of their DNA, and that is even more embarrassing for the other team. Learn from it, careful where you place your teams, and move on.