Originally Posted by Anonymous
the only time topguns is helpful in recruiting is if your a blue chip player.... and if you are, you dont need them.

If they're not helping you, and you're a TG parent, it's time for a look in the mirror. It might be due to your behavior. So many parents get crazy, negative, pushy, and critical, that I'm sure the Smiths are much less motivated to help them! Leaves them more time to help the parents who are respectful, patient, supportive, and helpful to the program.

Unfortunately, I've seen so many parents, who think they're helping their kids, by constantly questioning and criticizing the coaches & program. It happens in travel, youth, and HS. The poor kids of those parents will always be fighting an uphill battle, to counteract their parents' behavior. I have friends who are HS and college coaches, and a big part of the recruiting conversation is the PARENTS! If the kids are similar, the coach will ALWAYS take the one with quieter parents, even if the kid is slightly less skilled!

The comments, questions, and negativity usually makes its way back to the coaches and directors. They know who the problem parents are, believe me. Do your kids a favor, and watch your behavior, sideline comments, etc.

Sounds about right the Smiths should punish those kids that have parents that dare to criticize them. Those comments usually find there way back to the Smiths because parents like you feel the only way to get your kid ahead is go to the Smiths and make a lot of nonsense up about so and so who's kid is way better than yours.The funniest thing about your comment is BS was the worst sideline parent out there , go ask some of SS old teammates .

I have been on the sideline for many SS games that BS was in attendance, don't know if he ever missed any game she played. And your right, he was your typical loud, obnoxious lacrosse parent, a typical YJ parent. No better and no worse than all the rest.This would be a great sport if we could rid of the parents.