Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just an observation..I really thing putting in the paper the leading scorers is almost a joke in HS lacrosse. Most kids seem to score a lot of goals against weaker teams and try to pad their own stats . It's sad but in no way to me indicates who the better players are. Nothing worse then seeing someone score over 5 goals in a game and maybe have one assist and the team wins by 8-15 goals in a game. At the end of the year you see the kid with over 40 goals and a limited amount of assists but in the big games against the good teams they are either shut out or score very little in comparison. I understand the kids being selfish but the coaches should either pull their kids out or tell them to pass it to their teammates . Jus my opinion and I'm sure some will agree and many will disagree

Unless you see a game don't comment. I know a few boys on the list. Seen lots of games. Some players on the list have a good G:A ratio, some no ratio. Even those with a good ratio could be better. You mention a player with a lot of goals. A few of the scoring leaders would have 50% more assists if other players just finished. Not to mention some get a looser definition of an assist over others.

So please let's congradulate their accomplishments because anyone on the first page or two of any ranking deserves the accolades, just know everything is relative and not as black and white as it is in print. Some are better some are not.

I've seen a lot of games myself .Too many blowouts to be honest and it's the coaches fault for letting these kids stay in and keep scoring against weaker teams . It looks like the coachs and players have an agenda to make the kids look good. The stats are so misleading it's sad to read it the next day.. It's actually a joke and the most misleading thing I have seen.

So true. No fault of the players. Coaches want to bang their chest about the 50 goal scorer that he coached. Look at strength of schedule and who they put up all their goals against. It is probably good for the players ego and may actually encourage him to take a lot of bad shots. Never saw a shot I didn't like syndrome. What's an assist?