Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can a team be competitive without a solid goalie?

YES - lacrosse goalie is the most over rated position in any sport, kid only has to have nerves of steal and high tolerance for pain, the best goalie is usually the guy with the great defense in front of him that make the offence take bad shots. The game is won and lost on face offs and on ground balls (possessions), the only way a goalie has a huge outcome on a game is with his clears and directing his defense a good shot will beat a good goalie every time.

One of the dumbest thing I've heard on here. If one goalie makes two saves he shouldn't and the other goalie doesn't make two saves he should, it's a game changer. And by the way, the best goalies don't get hit with the ball that often. Unless, of course you are talking about box lacrosse. So this nonsense of just throw someone in there with balls of steel who can make outlet passes, save it for the other parents you're drinking out of red cups with, in the parking lot. Anyone who knows anything about lacrosse can pick out a really good goalie and a really bad goalie in two seconds. And by the way, the elite goalies make the defense in front of them even better, directing the defenses play. So how does that ability make them overrated? Full disclosure, just in case you think my son is a goalie. I coach varsity HS lacrosse and my son played attack. Maybe attack is overrated, where all they have to do is possess the ball and hit your stud midfielder for a goal. That's pretty absurd too.

You had me until you said you coach varsity lacrosse and you are posting on BOTC, If you are telling the truth you have lost all credibility and if you lied then you are a liar

Yup, I could be your son's coach. Wouldn't you love to know. Now rather than comment on overrated positions worry about your important things, like where you are going to place the team tent this summer LOL