Originally Posted by Anonymous
The post about nepotism/friends and family / players on the coach's lucrative travel teams is entirely accurate for both boys and girls.

because you say so? I think the post about 1 jack wad doing all the nepotism posts is entirely accurate. GET A WHISTLE

If the Manhasset Coach cares at all about what he leaves behind....he should step down. His bullying of the players for years and envy of their success outside his program eats away at him. And yes....he has the whistle.....hang it up. NEPOTISM, crony favoritism and refusal to coach for the benefit of the whole team...and not just friends, family and side business.... is bringing down our once proud MANHASSET program.

..... and that's why I don't live in Manhasset. Not because of the coach, because of you!
I wish I had the chance to live in 'set and have my kid coached by the hand picked successor of the guru. Why would you want your kid coached by anyone els? I could only imagine it's because you over estimate the ability of your son. And that goes for th girls program also. One thing I deduct from the oppositions posts, none of them are from, or know the history of the program.

I lived in Manhasset and was always laughing internally at the crap that floated around periphery of the lacrosse programs. Some of the biggest sideline geniuses, and critics of coaching decisions, never saw a lacrosse stick before they moved into the town. Guys who couldn't catch and throw with a lacrosse stick were more than willing to share them opinions on how the man-up offense should be run, or the need to go to two poles on the wings to make up for a weak FOGO......
And on the girls side it was even funnier. Their coach is in every Hall of Fame she has been eligible for (HS, College, Long Island, US National). She's played on something like 4 World Cup teams. She's coach at the collegiate level. But half the town ran around saying she doesn't know what she's doing. Granted this was a few years ago, and maybe it's changed, but Gallagher was in the crosshairs of a whole bunch of people who didn't like the fact that she didn't quite see the greatness in their bratty kid who hated to practice. And just like the men, it was often coming from women who maybe never participated in an athletic contest other than a tennis match. But, noooooo, they knew as much about lacrosse as D. Gallagher.
Funny stuff.

So, as to the guy who keeps complaining about the coaching at Manhasset I say this........send your kid to Chaminade and see if he gets any playing time there.