Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He is great and he is 19

Well, then he's competing on age in MD. I really hope this isn't a MD parent complaining about older kids... That would be rich! The fact is, most of that Hill team is 19, and many are PG's. I would guess some are even just about 20 or already 20. So I ask you? Shouldn't the holdback laden teams from MD be able to compete? NO. You see when you constantly play down, you crumble when you have to play on age competition. Same reason UVA, Hop and UNC are not dominating anymore. Many of their recruits are not panning out for this same reason.

The MIAA has been won by a Catholic school 3 of the past 4 years and 5 of the past 10. Please don't lump Calvert Hall, Loyola and St Marys in with BL, Gilman and McDonogh in terms of holdbacks. Those schools encourage re-classing, the Catholic schools don't. They may have a few kids who are older due to academic issues earlier in life or a few who did pre-first but it is not the norm. Calvert Hall and Loyola also have players on the U-19 team who are freshman in college, so on age. When you play the Hill Academy you understand who they are. Many Post grads. Also, at this point in their lives 18 vs 19 really isn't that big of a deal.