Originally Posted by Anonymous
When I saw the bleached- headed coaching staff, I immediately thought, is this a team building chemistry thing or do we want to be one of the boys? I know WM's defense is awesome but one goal the first half? Then, after halftime, they come out and can't get anything but outside shots. Their last two goals were at the end of the 4th where the outcome was determined.
I thought the Syosset defense would pressure the ball more and take more chances late 3rd into 4th, being down as much as they were. Try to force a turnover and unsettled situations. WM turned the ball over a bunch and still they couldn't capitalize.

If you take away one player, Syosset scores one goal. You can't win a NYS championship without being balanced on both ends of the field.

The WM goalie got in their heads early. They only got outside shots because that's what a zone defense gives you. WM was better on ground balls. I'd say the offenses were evenly matched. Syosset's only edge was at the faceoff X. I think sometimes coaches get lulled into a false sense of what there team is when they steamroll everyone. Good teams seem reluctant to use the pick game to get their best players free, because they didn't need to all season. I wasn't overly impressed with Syossets halftime adjustments, if there were any. Also, the goalie staring at a ball during timeouts I felt was silly. Didn't seem to help much.