Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Parents not holding their children accountable is shameful. Not the kids.

Some of these boys are 18, Legal adults, I don't think smoking pot is that big of a deal, Hek it's legal in some states. They just should have used better judgment, did it outside of School sponsored events! Are you going to pretend these kids are not drinking either? You all did it when you were their age! When I was a HS senior we went out to lunch, had a beer, then went back to class, all legal back in the good old days. People way uptite about everything!

Drop the pipe dude. You gotta be kidding me!
Parents not holding their children accountable is shameful. Not the kids.

Some of these boys are 18, Legal adults, I don't think smoking pot is that big of a deal, Hek it's legal in some states. They just should have used better judgment, did it outside of School sponsored events! Are you going to pretend these kids are not drinking either? You all did it when you were their age! When I was a HS senior we went out to lunch, had a beer, then went back to class, all legal back in the good old days. People way uptite about everything!

So I am guessing that when you were in HS and had a beer or two at lunch, you were walking or driving back to school?....sure all those folks that were on the road were happy that a 17/18 year old kid was on the roads after having a lunch beer or two...well done!

Ehhh? A beer does not make you drunk, perfectly legal to drive. Everything in moderation. Was never a pot smoker my self. Tried it but didn't care for it. I made that decision on my own, not because my parents forbid it. Was that you I saw at the restaurant the other night enjoying a bottle of wine, and then driving home? Don't see the crime here. It's the abusers who have ruined things for everyone else. And yea, I'm talking to you too lax mom too, driving around with your phone in your hand on the way to drop off you kid at the drivers safety course!

Way too many hypocrites in denial here. Why don't you worry about some real issues, like, who will run our country. The one in there now has admitted to drug use, and the others Husband former president never inhales. Bush was a huge user. All reached the pinnacle of success after some experimentation, even George Washington himself!. This is all silly! Half of those appalled are probably having their martini as I speak, getting ready to drive Jr. to lessons! As long as you are not putting others or yourself at harm, don't see the big deal!

To the fool who said he tried pot but didn't like it and stopped on his own not because his parents told him not to..I tried stealing didnt like it too much so I stopped doing it, not because my parents told me not to steal.. Now do you realize how dumb what you said is . The bottom line is that there are consequences for your action . If the school
Wants to suspend them for the rest of the season that is there choice. No ones opinion really matters. Saying it's only pot no big deal..give me a break . Next you will be approving heroin.these are life lessons and the kids will
Learn from this in the long run
[/quote]

Some people have addictive personalities. Nothing their parents do will change that. Lax players do not traditionally turn to heroin, but they are known for their pot smoking. Not hat it can't happen , but unlikely. These kids are living and learning just like we did. Stop pretending you are so innocent and let them grow up. These Garden City kids were just to stupid to realize that would be a bad time to party!