Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did you know that Scott Craig was one of the founding fathers of Suffolk PAL ?? He gets 110% at of all his players and your right he's the best out there right now.
Scott Craig is an excellent coach and he certainly gets a lot out of his players. He has 5 rings and numerous Suffolk County Championships to show for his legendary career. This years version of the team has been winning a lot of close games and like all the other top teams in Suffolk I think they can beat and lose to anyone on any given day. Ill say this, in a one game scenario Ill take Scott Craig over any coach in Suffolk or Nassau hands down.
I will give you my opinion on why West Islip varsity programs do well on both the boys and the girls side. Both varsity coaches live in West Islip their kids go to West Islip. They are very invested in the PAL programs within the town. I can't speak for coaches of other varsity teams, but I would imagine that they live outside the school district where they coach. Therefore are probably invested in the PAL programs within their own town. So these coaches in West Islip know these kids from the time the five years old and they build a very strong personal program

West Islip has a GREAT PAL program,, not denying the coaches ability, but he has great players coming up every year. Show me the coach who wins in North Babylon and that's a great coach.