Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I may rant for a minuet. Recently, on both the boys and girls high school threads, I have seen comments to people {being anonymous we don't know the ages or profession of anyone} about attending H.S. games. In some situations an attendee either didn't have a child on either team, or stayed at a tournament longer than some felt appropriate to watch other teams play, or traveled a distance some would see as too far, or voided a game for "scouting" purposes. These people were vilified by others, and even called derogatory names for watching a sport the love. Why is it only lacrosse parents do this. If someone went to watch a football game, or a basketball game between two good teams no one would care or say a word. Who are these parents to hijack a public sporting event and slander people for loving a sport. Are they the same people that complain that Lacrosse isn't popular enough and should receive more attention, while excluding anyone without a direct interest in any particular game. Shame on you for calling someone a "perv" or a "loser" for watching a game they love. I bet you're the same person making March Madness brackets at your office, does that also make you a
"perv" or a "loser" for watching that sport with no child involved. Maybe if we welcomed people into watch our children play the sport we all love it will grow and become bigger, instead of pointing fingers at people and calling fans names.

I understand the point but there was also a point to those responding - if you were at Staples last week it was for a reason. Not just a weekend drive as a spectator to see a game. I am all for seeing a game that is nearbye, but the travel and traffic to staples is a bit much for just watching a game as a fan.

I live about a half an hour from Manhasset and i do not have a kid on Manhasset or CSH but was thinking about going over on Monday night to watch the game, would that be OK in your book or should I stay away? not sure were the cut off is.

You are a pervert if you don't at least have a kid with you.