BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/17/19 04:34 PM
Boys 2022 -9th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/17/19 04:27 PM
Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/17/19 04:25 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous. 06/17/19 04:18 PM
Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/17/19 04:06 PM
FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes
by Anonymous. 06/17/19 04:05 PM
Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/17/19 03:29 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,645
Posts249,296
Members2,099
Most Online6,140
Jun 13th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM
29 minutes ago
wasnt igloo windchill 7th at east regional? honestly I am so confused no idea who will be playing come Denver on these teams but have to look at regionals to get an honest idea. All these tournaments seem to have non on age kids playing on every team. At least a couple
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The team to beat is Igloo Windchill. Easily the best team that the Pack has faced this year, even though the Pack downed them 10-5. Kudos to the Igloo boys. They will do well against the MD cheater teams this weekend.

LOL

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The team to beat is Igloo Windchill. Easily the best team that the Pack has faced this year, even though the Pack downed them 10-5. Kudos to the Igloo boys. They will do well against the MD cheater teams this weekend.

LOL
2,293 265,333 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
36 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Benches cleared, dads rolling around on the ground yesterday at LI laxfest yesterday! North port vs East coast elite! all over trying to win a T-shirt!


That must be some T-shirt
683 67,342 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
38 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cant wait to make a sign with my daughter and all it says is "BIGGGG" and drop it in your team huddle after they win-which I will; it'll be in the back of my car waiting. Its closer than you think. Enjoy your time at the top, but stay humble. You will see that sign if your daughter is even still on the team!


Goalie dad is back! Crazy part is my daughter in on a Maryland team and I can tell it's you sure the parents on that team adore you. To answer your statement yes things change but right now there is a BIG drop off after those three teams watching them play live they are extremely talented. Just for clarity my daughter is not one one of those teams but unlike yourself I am honest with my daughters teams ability. You'll realize someday if you don't ruin your daughters love for the game come 9th grade no one cares who wins So can you drop that sign in the huddle now Crazy Dad
223 17,760 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
45 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am over all completely embarrassed by what this sport has become. Its a perversion of what it should be in every way. I have 3 kids in travel, and I can say outside of college, I have seen it all. Parents fighting on the sideline in boys games, parents rooting for others to fail in girls games, coaches choosing to give playing time preference to kids they train "privately", Its as bad as it gets and its all now a regular thing. I'm disgusted with myself and most of the people that I have met along the way, in that at the end of it all, every relationship has been based on how much money we pay, and how good is your kid.

We created this. We gave a tremendous amount of power to youth coaches and club team owners - who are held to very little standards and ethical considerations, who operate in the shadows and without real scrutiny. This youth lacrosse platform is in no way positive - it is a money grab at every turn, and we as parents have enabled it.


No doubt there is a toxic environment associated with this sport.
5,497 966,891 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
57 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
very close games for hawks which isn't their usual showing; they generally crush; they were missing their faceoff guy - looneys gave them a scare forcing OT


Brotherly Love is no cupcake team


Brotherly Love is the best greater Philly area team - and the only "elite" level team around. So it attracts a really good group of players.

Hawks only loss the entire weekend was in the Championship game against DC Dogs. And man, did the Dogs look good throughout the tournament. The only game that was close for them was the Edge game - primarily because the Edge team has a very good (and different) Canadian style offense that gave the Dogs a bit of a challenge.

All in all, I think the Hawks had a good weekend - and the "scare" against Looneys was more about Looneys kids playing better and with more energy than it was about Hawks playing poorly. As for the missing FOGO, it wasn't like the Hawks used some random backup - they got a guest player from LI who looked pretty good from what I saw.
1,212 123,055 more...
Sponsored Links
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
58 minutes ago
Which one is going to Crabfeast?
118 20,024 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
After the showcase tournament my Top 5 would be:

1. YJ
2. M&D
3. Hero's (Too much of a scoring discrepancy vs. like opponents compared with M&D).
4. Monster
5. Skywalkers

This weekend will be the true test as most if not all teams will be in NJ.


All hero's does is trip girls and hit them in the head. And parents yell like their lives depend on the game.
154 15,214 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
It was not in a pool of jello, that's for sure, and thankfully they were each fully clad. Rebel Mom thinks she is a ref or has the right to yell and scream at the ref (while being wrong) like its her husband or something.
170 11,592 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pool play from this week

Bethesda 5-0 (GD +20)
Evolve 4-1 (GD +8) - lost to Bethesda 8-4

Team 91 2-3 (GD +4) - beat VLC and AYLC
Looneys 2-3 (GD -2) - beat VLC and Team 91

AYLC 1-4 GD (-14) - beat AYLC
VLC 1-4 (GD -16) - beat Looneys

Evolve beat Bethesda 9-5 in the finals. Maybe Bethesda took them for granted after the first win.

Tough tournament for Team 91 - lost a ton of close games.

Was mostly surprised by Looney's showing. Are they missing players? They were much tougher in Hoco.



Small correction, VLC beat AYLC and AYLC beat Looneys. Not that it matters. The only 2 teams that belonged there in AA were Evolve and BLC.
101 2,815 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
2 hours ago
No way could he play next year.
1,166 125,728 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
9th and 10th graders make up the Command Team genius. I believe all the kids that made it were on the Varsity roster and - well - Spalding is awful. Next year let’s make the MSJ coach the UA Coach and stack the roster with MSJ players.


No fair to throw MSJ coaches in the mix as lacking integrity.... Especially because they do not have a coach at the moment... There are some very good players on the Varsity roster at MSJ..... Don't start throwing them under the bus......


I could put together a squad of the best rising 10th grade lacrosse players in the Mid-Atlantic and they would still finish out of the top 4 in the MIAA assuming the other teams had an upperclass laden roster. What planet are you on??
1,770 277,292 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No comments about Duke's Nationals dominating Lehigh Laxfest this weekend?

Why? DN in a B tournament....nothing new
1,160 163,244 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
no Hawks at LI tourney this coming weekend. What team will the folks cry about?

Did the folks at TriStar (aka Express) ask to see birth certificates causing them to back away?


Uhhh, no. one 6-0 trip to LI in June is enough.


Be sure to pat 14 year old Johnny on the back. He got to beat up kids that are younger than him. You should be a proud Daddy. Still won't see him at the WSYL though.


Will you ever get tired of the same excuse? If Hawks played with 13 and 14 year olds the scores would have been 20-0. It’s not like the games were blowouts. Get over yourself.


Still won't see him at any event that checks birth year. Common sense tells everyone that the Hawks don't participate in an event like that because the teams wouldn't qualify. Enjoy beating the younger teams.
804 63,137 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you only watched the Hawks play once all weekend, then you missed a good team with very good players. The Eclipse and Hawks game was a great semi-final. The Hawks are ON AGE 12-13 year olds. STOP MAKING STUFF UP. There is only ONE player which could maybe be called what you say is a "holdback". Don't make things up and bash a team that you watched once while they were playing their 4th game of the day against a rested Long Island 91 team that was playing its 3rd game. Great way to line up a tournament by the way. The Hawks lost that game at the face off X, and hardly had possession. 91's FO guy was as big as any kid on the Hawks. You beat a completely gassed Hawks team, congrats, good luck at the U-13 Jake Steinfeld Bowl in Denver.


You can bash MD lax all you want, but DONT lie and make things up about a team you know absolutely nothing about.



Ok. My bad. You have only one single holdback. Great. Then we’ll see you in Denver at the WSYL. NOT! Holdback teams don’t qualify for the WSYL now do they? NOW YOU STOP MAKING garbage UP, CHEATER TRASH!

Your little high school team was the talk of the tourney. Everywhere I went, I heard people talking about how very over the top that cheater team was. The elephant in the room! Disgraceful!!!

FYI crybaby cheater dad. Pack played the 2nd best team in the tourney right before playing your horrendous team. Right before that they played the 3rd best team. Eclipse is a mediocre team at best. Although when playing the Hawks I’m sure it felt insurmountable.

Hawks should be banned from the 7th grade bracket on a tournaments. Utterly disgraceful!




Let’s look at it this way, MD cheater trash. Since the hawks don’t have enough on age players to go to the WSYL, what is that really telling us? Let’s say the hawks have 25 kids on the roster. They need 15 on age kids in order to have enough kids to play in Denver. But they obviously don’t have 15 on age players, or they would be going. That means that 11 or more players are holdbacks. So let’s be crazy kind here and say 11 kids are confirmed holdbacks. It’s probably more, but let’s use that as the minimum, just because I’m a nice guy. How many players actually touch the field in competitive games? I’m going to give you the answer. It’s 13. Ok. A little quick math here. This means that only 2 on age hawk players touch the field in any given competitive game. My example, as we know, is ultra conservative, and the real number is probably more like one or none. But best case scenario for the hawks is only 2 on age players actually play. There you have it, Chester trash. Indisputable evidence that the hawks play exclusively cheater holdback kids. You proud of that, cheater? How you sleep at night, knowing that you are teaching your kid to be a cheating DB in life. Great job daddy-o. Would you like to respond to my very simple logic? I seriously doubt you will, because you have no logical leg to stand on, my little cheater hold back parent. Whatcha got??





Unhinged to say the least, much like the FF LI dad who for the second tourney in a row decided that screaming "WSYL" at 13 yo kids is the right way to represent your club and the sport. At least be a man and approach a parent with that pathetic stuff. I am sure you will have a receptive audience.

To your post, it is actually not simple logic, simple minded logic perhaps. There is one huge assumption you make to get to your factually incorrect point and that is that every holdback will be in your magic "13" number (a number that can be debated along with your "15" for the WSYL). This is completely false and kills your entire argument. Once again you have no idea the ages of the kids on the teams or in that "13" no matter what bizarre logic you use. So it is not "indisputable evidence" at all. You can keep posting the same factually wrong rant on every MD team every time. As my kid said to me about the WSYL screamer, "that dude is sad".

And by the way how do you sleep at night knowing that you are teaching your kid to be a lying, whinny DB in life, well done papa.


What all MD parents have on their side in this nonsensical argument is reality, which continues to escape this FLID Dad. Why Long Island parents continue to obsess about a money grab U-13 tournament in Denver is beyond me. Most MD clubs elect to skip that tourney because it's a complete waste of money when they can get better 7th grade competition at any NLF tournament or just stay home and go to NAL or Naptown. Better teams without financially burdening parents and dumping money in Warrior and Jake Steinfeld's pockets. WSYL exists to satisfy the vanity of mom and dad having a DVR recording of little Sal playing in an empty stadium on 4th of July. It has nothing to do with the best competition or even remotely developing kids for the rigors of HS lax where age means nothing.

So call us cheaters all you want, but in the real world, your posts are baseless, nonsensical and childish. There are plenty of good parents associated with these Long Island teams, but the vocal minority of pure stunads drowns out any sanity. I know my 13 year old "on age" MD laxer will be enjoying his 4th of July with family and his 20 other "on age" teammates, getting ready for their last tournament without a thought in the world about the WSYL or the mediocre U-13 teams playing there.
595 42,889 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
^^^^ Don't have anything to say about the Warriors, but it was a huge haul $$$$$ tournament for 91, as a B tourney.


What happened to the Rebels?
1,168 123,056 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
5 hours ago
YJA went 3-1 against much tougher competition than M&D.
30 5,769 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
5 hours ago
I saw the Hero's 2026 Green team play YJ's this weekend, and wow, they are good. I heard that the U of MD coach helped pick the team. Wonder if that is true?
68 9,352 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
6 hours ago
Why is it funny that Cobra Kai beat M&D ? Is Cobra Kai not a strong team ??
96 10,826 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
6 hours ago
Does anyone want to rank the 2021's? Watched most of them play in Delaware and was amazed at the overall high level of play. I don't think I can differentiate between Primetime and Predators but I'm sure someone can. I saw dynamic team lacrosse not just one or two middies dodging through everyone.
2,643 631,153 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Academy and Zeus are Brotherly Love teams. Some kids play exclusively for Zeus and some exclusively for Academy. Others play for both. Academy provides additional field time for kids from Zeus and other club teams who want an additional elite experience. I'm not sure what difference it makes that kids play for both teams. Why is this a topic?


Because the team that played Platinum Cup was billed as Zeus, and it was not. Not that it matters, but some people obviously care about this, not sure why. Perhaps because there is a history on this forum about how special the Zeus team is, no holdbacks, no guest players, etc.
1,366 228,941 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So, explain this to an outsider... there's no definitive "A" team for YJ? I've never seen another team where they don't make it very clear which team is A, B, or C.
Is this not true for YJ? There are 4 2023 teams, but people argue how they rank compared to each other? That's very strange to me!!


YJ used to make the distinction - Blue was the top team and Gold was second. Then CR's marketing mind kicked in and she realized she could attract more parents (and their money) if everybody could claim they were on the A team. That's when she switched to calling teams by their coach's name. Typically the teams have been listed in order on the "Coaches" tab of their website, but not always the case - especially when you factor in F&F, etc.
359 39,485 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks get it done again!! Those boys are ballers.


Nice win for them but next weekend has 10 of the top 20 teams at Crabs.
704 64,731 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tournament organizers tend to bunch the top teams together. It looks like for Live, Love, Lax, the top 2021 teams are spread out among 4 of the pools. Curious as to the motivation for doing that. This is not a tournament with a playoff so why not put the top teams together?


Totally agree. I think it's pretty common knowledge that YJ, M&D and SW are the best 3 teams in this age. Why are they in separate divisions in a showcase? All three of them have pretty easy games for the most part and should win them by close to double digits. Not sure what coaches learn about the girls watching them play lesser teams. The divisions were setup like there would be playoffs where the top teams could meet.


Capital Blue looks very, very good. They have to be considered one of the top teams in this age group.
74 8,773 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
11 hours ago
How was the Live Love Lax for the 20s?
45 8,175 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
Yesterday at 11:44 PM
@CBLaxers Girlss' Recruit: Villa Maria Academy HS (PA) 2020 Attack Bridget Finley of PA Express Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Drexel University.

High School: Villa Maria Academy HS (Downingtown, PA)
Grad Year: 2020
Position: Attack
College Committed to: Drexel University
Club Team: PA Express Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: Catholic Academies All League ('19), Team Offensive MVP ('19), DLN All Area Honorable Mention ('18), All Main Line Honorable Mention ('18), 127 points during Junior season (76 goals, 54 assists), Main Line Athlete of the Week
Academic Honors: National Honor Society, Latin Honor Society, Executive Council Secretary, Yearbook Committee
Expected Major: Business
Why did you choose Drexel University, Women's D1? "I chose Drexel because I loved the team chemistry, the coaches and the location. I am so excited to go to college in Philly and play for amazing coaches."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my parents and my siblings Erin and Vince. I would also like to thank my club coach Jen Fanelli and my high school coach Allie Sweeney."


Contributed By: Tom Michaelsen
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
Know Someone Who's Committed? Click Here to Submit a Commitment Story Check to See Other Lacrosse Player College Commitments


CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Bridget Finley on her commitment to Drexel University. CB Laxers runs boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th at the perfect landscape to get maximum exposure. For college bound seniors, CBL emulates the NCAA strength & conditioning training regimen & also run the committed games & leagues where they can train & compete against the top 10% lacrosse players. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below:

0 24 more...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Today's Visitors
22 registered members (clubhopper, MomOf6, LaxinDaBears, cltlax, NorthEastLaxer, NYLaxDad, BackCager, Man_Up, Stickcheck, 2waymiddie, LiLaxDad, LaxrFanatic, NassauLaxDad516, laxislife, Laxers412, TM@BOTC, gordon984, baldbear, scm712, Laxboy17, 1026ME, botc_ne), 4,312 guests, and 833 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1