BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 7 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Were the rosters for each team yesterday be the same in Delaware?
Of course not. Players are still being courted.

Were kids playing who are not eligible for WS?
786 127,829 more...
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 7 hours ago
ML report. I saw them play Freedom last weekend. Talent wise I think they are as good as any team in the DMV (I would say Crabs and Hawks are better as is usually the case with Baltimore teams) the Xfactor is coaching - sloppy box management and relentless yelling by the coach cost that team at least four points. At one point during the game (and possibly more (I wasn’t watching that closely) ml had a short stick and a long stick stuck in the box for at least 20 seconds which created a double man down situation. Adding to that chaos the coach was constantly directing the players which was distracting at best.

On the plus side most of the players were good sized, quick with excellent stick skills. Long poles and midfielders were more than competent. The goalie was directing the defense and made some good saves (although I thought he had some problems with low shots- again I didn’t see enough to make a realy informed judgement) there was talk on the sideline about a strong attack I thought they were good but shooting needs work. But easily fixable. Also one of thier attack turned the ball over several times (probably new to the team and just needs to get comfortable)

All in all, a team with potential I’m looking forward to watching my son play them this weekend.

nice informative post

What/where are the events this weekend for the local 2028 teams?
Bmore Bloom at Troy Park:

Hawks play Leading Edge and Chain Bridge All Stars

Crabs play Madlax, Chain Bridge All Stars, and Leading Edge

Leading Edge plays Chain Bridge, Hawks, and Madlax

Nobody seems to know who Chain Bridge is… but they’re running into a buzz saw

Some very good 2028 action at Troy Park today. Scores:

Hawks 10-7 over Chain Bridge All Stars
Crabs 7-4 over Madlax
Leading Edge 10-6 over Chain Bridge All Stars
Hawks 9-8 over Leading Edge
Leading Edge 10-6 over Madlax
Chain Bridge All Stars 9-6 over Crabs

Takeaways:
Hawks and Leading Edge are two of the top teams in the nation. Perhaps the best two “non national” teams. Not sure who is better than those two… they play so well together, they’re well coached, and they have a bunch of great players throughout the roster. Was a fantastic game that was tied with .30 left when the slick Leftie Attack from Hawks won it late.

Crabs— way, way overhyped. Long way to go. Seemed disoriented, but they have some studs for sure. Will likely improve a lot through spring. BT I think their lace in HoCo to 4 is at serious risk.

Madlax— bringing in a bunch of flyins, they will compete if they don’t kiss their flights. A very good FOGO and big 47 is still effective. If it’s true that he’s one foot out the door— they’re a B team. He scored 3 of their 4 goals and wasted on the other one.

Chain Bridge All Stars— loaded with DC Express kids and a handful of Next Level kids. They were getting better as the day wore on, and they killed the Crabs in their last game. A parent told me they’ve never practiced together. So not really a team we will likely see again, but they looked to be having a lot of fun. Healthy respite from club lacrosse. Love seeing that stuff. Had nicknames on their jerseys, our boys loved that.

HoCo next week, should be fun!

3D New England belongs in that best real team conversation, too. We've played all three of those teams in the last year and 3DNE was right there with them. They look comically old, but the rules are the rules.
9,941 1,895,905 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 7 hours ago
F
CT folks just know that Brunswick, Taft, Loomis, Choate, Avon and Salisbury wouod smoke any CT public school so there’s no point. And before anyone references last years Darien win, that was an anomaly. Anyone who has watched this me teams can attest.
Darien and Brunswick have played 4 times. Brunswick's 3 wins have come by a combined 5 goals (including one in OT where they trailed the entire game). That was no fluke, that's just par for the course between these two. In fact, Darien has had a tougher time with Staples than Brunswick lately.

And it's not just Darien. In 2016 New Canaan blew Brunswick off their home field, sandwiched between two 2 goal losses in 2015 and 2017. They've fallen off since, but even in 2021 a pretty meh NC squad played Brunswick tougher than everyone's anointed pre-season champ Taft.

Also love that you threw Loomis, Choate, and AOF in there as if they've accomplished remotely anything compared to any of the other three. Loomis should be good this year and Choate was good last year -- but by and large those programs have been riding the coat tails of Wick/Salisbury/Deerfield/Taft for the better part of two decades.
3,839 1,852,131 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous Yesterday at 11:17 PM
I think the NEMS thing is a long running joke. Don’t think it was serious.
3,101 675,182 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 11:13 PM
Why are schools risking playoff eligibility by having middle school kids play on varsity who are clearly not at the same skill level? Why are parents so caught up on playing varsity that they will risk the entire team's eligibility? I'm not talking about the kids who have passed the selection classification. I'm talking about the kids who can't pass classification but somehow end up eligible. The kid who tells the other kids on the team that they couldn't pass the tests. The reputation of the school, AD, and coach are all at stake just to appease the local dad coach or overbearing Lax mom.

I've heard firsthand, from a now "retired" AD that they would have tryouts and "if the coach wants your daughter, we'll talk about the tests later. We'll make it work"

These parents are worse than the soccer moms out there.

This sounds like a problem with coaches and ADs and not parents. What am I missing?
8,507 2,963,728 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic Anonymous Yesterday at 11:09 PM
Was that the game where the kid was yelling at his parent in the stands at the end of game (we were on that field next)?

I would feel bad for any normal parents on that team (if there are any)

Most likely. Dad yelling Locks. Over and over.
460 123,775 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Duke’s 28 AA is a great team, although one of their players reclassed I heard.
Freedom seems to have their number though so we’ll see…
3,102 965,857 more...
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Waste of time unless you're an elite player. Watch D1 teams and how many kids actually get to play - especially underclassmen. Better opportunities to PLAY in D2 / 3, And some very good schools out there.

Way better opportunities I would say at this point.
387 59,643 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 08:54 PM
91 Cyclones 10 - 0 to Admirals…. What happened
183 38,975 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 08:27 PM
Primetime only has 1 team and they travel anywhere to play.
573 114,069 more...
Re: New 2024 Women’s DI-III Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 05:46 PM
…so 3-4hrs a day isn’t that far off. Maybe the poster was a little aggressive w 4-5hrs a day but the point is clear.
People are on here, claiming to be former DI athletes, raising DI athletes, their kids are spending, what, 1hr a day on their sport?
Maybe my math skills are off but in the one case you have a D1 athlete putting in 28-35 hours a week , in the other its like 13-15 hours a week. Pretty big difference .I think the original poster was saying that at max they are allowed 20 hours a week according to NCAA rules and sometimes its actually only 8 and they are correct. The 4-5 hour guy has no clue and honestly your 3-4 hours would put them over the maximum. If you don't think coaches are mindful of that you are mistaken. I get it that they work hard but no need to exagerate.
110 14,998 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 05:28 PM
I don’t think Severna Park is playing any of the AACo privates (Severn, St Marys, Spalding) this year. SP JV plays St Marys and Gilman.

They are god awful this year
12,425 3,172,801 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 03:36 PM
It was Miller Place that they lost to. 8-6.

Very nice MP! And ohh geez best of luck to pequa in that guantlet of a PAL season
128 26,937 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 03:16 PM
Thi
Who is doing the World Series this year?

No one from DMV, we hide behind the HOCO league as a reason we can’t play but reality is too many egos would be hurt if we played on age for once and lost to the teams up North. Sad but true.

Inferiority complex?!?! Feel free to stay “up North.”

Inferiority? Not at all, quite the opposite. The only way your teams can compete with us is by playing holdbacks. So you guys cheat and refuse to show up for a tournament that is on age. You’re sad.

What a boring argument. NY, CT, and MA teams have plenty of academic holdbacks, "late starts" and "pre holdbacks" where the kid is literally playing a year younger than his current grade because parents will "hold him back in the future."

And if you want to pick on the MD HS clubs, namely 91MD and Crabs, let's look under the hood and see all the Philly to MA boarding school kids, almost all holdbacks, who play for Crabs and 91 MD. Why in the world does a 18 year old HS sophomore at a boarding school in New Hampshire need to be on the roster for 91 MD?
2,285 461,686 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous Yesterday at 01:57 PM
Cmon McD has the BEST senior class in the country let alone the area. The other teams are one trick ponies and McD has it locked on every level...with or without TC they can't lose. SP might be 4th best this year and MV looks like the second best team and a team on the rise for a long time.
LOL! Dude, you can have the best senior class and not have the best team. McD does not have the lock if they are only winning games by a goal or two. Be real. Good luck this season.
4,520 1,226,377 more...
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 11:08 AM
Um. This season just started. The 28's have a whole entire year to improve. They are still young. It is not smart to make these predictions now. Some athletes bloom a little bit later and IMO those are the ones that end up being the best.
2,859 690,637 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 10:35 AM
HUGE DAY FOR JW AND HIS CRABS!! Going 3-0 with wins against Hawks and ML!! This new team will make a run for the ship this year! The defense, anchored by #0 will be something special to watch! The offense will continue to gel as the season begins this coming weekend! The future is bright for these young crabs!

Only a matter of time. Cream rises to top. King Crab does it again. I suspect this team will get stronger each year. Reason the boys wear their yellow and blue swag in public.
354 82,511 more...
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse Anonymous
Are you serious? They would get smoked, easily.
Just because most of those. It’s are double holdbacks, doesn’t mean they can hang w a college program…
That’s a clown question bro
455 151,549 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
???
887 264,864 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous
I agree. A psychiatrist shoullacrosseour speed dial.

Thanks Daler mom, I’ll take it into consideration, you should get a grip on your emotions, you’re far too fragile for this.

What is she too fragile for? A fake tough guy on a high school larcrosse message board? I'm sure she's fine.

Is this a lax site or the Farmingdale Moms FB page? Get a grip sweetheart.

Still hasn't taken up the advice to see a therapist.
10,494 4,087,856 more...
Re: Team 91 MD Anonymous
91 kids all over the rosters of MIAA A conference school rosters.

Do MSJ, JC and Gilman still count as 'A' conference schools? Discussion on the MD forum seems to indicate no.

People like to give Gilman a hard time. But 6 of the 11 A conference teams are currently ranked somewhere, NATIONALLY. And all 11 A conference teams, including Gilman, are ranked in MD top 20 polls.

I don't know why Gilman gets thrown in their either. I know of USA Lacrosse national and regional rankings but where are there MD rankings?
1,305 306,651 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
If you play in any IL sponsored tourney, your registration info gets uploaded into their recruits database.

And it always asks what hs you attend.

There are lots of annoying things parents do in lacrosse.

This is not one of them.
167 31,262 more...
NEW JERSEY FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey Anonymous
Mountain Lakes, SHP Delbarton
286 81,790 more...
Re: Boys 2032 Grads - Mid-Atlantic Region Anonymous
Maybe. Maybe not.

Team 91 lost 2 shortened games to Elite division teams 22-1.

Good teams in division, including Next Level and Clippers. Madlax also looks good, but may need some offense.
33 5,480 more...
Re: Boys 2027-9th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Agree - LILJ is like a paid marketing firm for mediocre lacrosse players who like to see their names and pictures on the LILJ IG page....
84 18,623 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
9 members (Team BOTC, BiggLax, LILAXDAD2023, Thirdy@BOTC, Heartlax26, JimSection1, abowden, 2 invisible), 3,933 guests, and 16,581 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod