Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
The 4th Annual Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase is Now Open for Registration at www.cblaxers.com | Boys & Girls Long Ireland Lacrosse Tournament Registration Now Open!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
New England Prep School Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 08:22 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 08:00 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 07:53 PM
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 07:33 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 06:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,261
Posts282,751
Members2,242
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse Anonymous 6 hours ago
Big tournament for private schools on 6/9 and 6/10 after school ends. Finally the boys can have a pseudo championship.
256 24,315 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 7 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spring Break Thaw schedule now up on the Machine. Who will be the winners of the day based upon the schedule?

Not a single game between Crabs/Hawks/Madlax?

Total joke. I guess we will have to wait till HoCo.

Madlax hasn’t played top elite HoCo teams since Spring of 2019.

Hawks and Crabs will both beat them soundly!

Looks like Hawks are ducking but they do play Prime Time who entered in the WSYL

Hawks is completely afraid to play Crabs; they absolutely saw how much bigger and faster crabs has become and will duck them at every chance they get.

You forgot older.

Now that is the pot calling the kettle black.
3,148 201,054 more...
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 7 hours ago
Dont bet on it this year...an Upstate team will win it.

I certainly can see Sweetlax beating Express.

Who has Express beat already this winter and scores?

Stop living in the past.

Express has won both games against Sweetlax the past 2 times but they were both extremely close and could have easily swung the other way. Both very good teams. I don't know how the brackets work but if they don't have to face each other prior to the finals then that's who I see being in it.

Do all the Sweetlax players from the summer meet the age requirement? That is a legitimate question. I am just wondering if the same team will be at WS. LI Express kids are all on age I believe.

Should be a good match up if the same teams show up from Fall.

LI Express has so many kids on age that they’re sending 2 teams. Fact. Every single kid on their 2026 teams are on age.
1,457 90,332 more...
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse Anonymous 7 hours ago
Maybe it all depends on the year, the region, and who the evaluators are?
No, at least not on Long Island it doesn't. The same comments on here every year...
"The tryout was a joke, the best girls didn't make it, some real head scratchers, they will disappear in college, many deserving girls didn't make it, all political, if your not a YJ good luck, etc...)

Some parents just can't take it when others are considered better players than their daughter.
Maybe it all depends on the year, the region, and who the evaluators are?
No, at least not on Long Island it doesn't. The same comments on here every year...
"The tryout was a joke, the best girls didn't make it, some real head scratchers, they will disappear in college, many deserving girls didn't make it, all political, if your not a YJ good luck, etc...)

Some parents just can't take it when others are considered better players than their daughter.

Some time on my hands so I did a little research... my apologies if I miss by a number here and there... : )

2014 and 2015 Under Armour Underclass Teams from Long Island:

- Total of 39 players (some played more than 1 year).

- 20 College Programs Represented. 13 -15 would be considered Top 20 Programs.

- 13 Division I All-Americans (so far, many still playing)

- at least 21 All-Conference (so far)

- at least 17 Team Captains (so far)

- 35 Starters / Play every game.

- a few injured players I think Two career ending Injuries.

- 1 or 2 Reserve Players.

Where did the players go to college?

5 - Stony Brook
4 - North Carolina
4 - Princeton
3 - Florida
3 - Syracuse
3 - Notre Dame
2 - Penn
2 - Penn State
2 - USC
2 - Georgetown
1 - BC, Northwestern, UVA, Maryland, Richmond, Duke, Columbia, Yale, Lehigh.

The bottom line is that the complaints about the tryouts come every single year. The reality is that over the years Under Armour has done an excellent job with the selection process. The vast majority of the players selected go on to prove themselves at many of the Top College Programs. At least for these two years it looks like all but two players are excelling or excelled (graduated) at many of the most competitive programs.

Kind of goes against the narrative that "UA is a joke and it's the friends and family network".

The biggest surprise that also "busts" a narrative is how many players went to Stony Brook. I read on this site constantly how JS does more with less than anyone and how he brings in no-name recruits etc... Well SBU brought in the most of any program... If they made the Under Armour Underclass they were most certainly known players.

and these 2015 and 2014 were also dads of the players...not being a donk just really interested in how the UA has changed....and what went wrong? how can you let a parent be an evaluator? Seriously? that i just need to understand. It is a toal conflict of interest.. nevermind the coaches of the teams? idk

To the best of my knowledge there were no parent coaches. Pretty sure no YJ involvement in the 2015 selection or coaching and pretty sure more than half the team was YJ's.

There should be no Parent Coaches for this type of tryout.
12,864 24,513,411 more...
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo) Anonymous Yesterday at 11:59 PM
I believe Crease lacrosse is Zingos. Zingos' box team is named Crease.

Zingos/Crease is trash from top to bottom.
2,350 766,009 more...
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 11:32 PM
kids do a lot of movement in the next couple years. Teams start dividing even amongst themselves...you'll see ..if it isn't already happening yet it will...happens in every age group and ... it happens to every team. . paretns trying to up one another...
37 2,171 more...
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season Anonymous Yesterday at 10:15 PM
You trolls are amazing .Sorry but I would not want my kid playing with or against North. Her antics are embarrassing and its always all about her so I would not want my kid playing on the same team , that said she is very good but seems overly hyped up so I would not want my kid to play against her. There are a number of players I would take over her if you want to win big games which she has never done , players that make those around them better but can do it on their own when needed. The horses comments are ridiculous as it just a saying and the SBU ,UNC game was closer than the score but UNC clearly outplayed them .To the keyboard tough guy who thinks he knows who people are why be such a flaccid coward and speak to these people face to face as you seem to think you know who they are. I forgot you are too much of a flaccid coward to actually do that .
443 28,407 more...
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? Anonymous Yesterday at 10:07 PM
Maybe I am one of the rare ones, but I did not reup. With him or anyone else.
1,099 119,052 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 09:38 PM
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?
353 17,545 more...
Re: True Annapolis Anonymous Yesterday at 09:33 PM
I think that there is truth on both sides of the debate - yes, the program has a culture of permitting low rent sideline behavior on all its teams, but in fairness, the 2026 team has a couple of Dads who are exceptional in this regard.

100% true.

It is now the identity of the club. Loud obnoxious trash

Stop talking to yourself.

I was referring to your wife.
267 24,504 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous Yesterday at 09:28 PM
SPSG must always underachieve because every year the parents think they have the best team.

No one has thought that until the last 2 years and really not until this year as McD still had a ton of great players last year. If anything SPSG overachieved making the finals 2 years ago and taking McD to double OT twice.
750 113,234 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 08:59 PM
Saint Paul’s is not looking great this year, but Towson just doesn’t have the talent yet

Yet? Are they planning an out of state recruiting drive? Remote learning with promise of eventually getting back into the trailers is a big draw for the talent. wink

Towson is only using "on age" kids that grew up within a couple miles of the school - the way high school sports should be played.
4,193 672,226 more...
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 08:12 PM
Anybody have any info on what the HoCo 2027 divisions will look like?

Based on where teams played in 2019 Spring season, head-to-head wins in the Fall 2020 tournaments, and USCL Fall 2020 rankings this is one possibility. Note that * = programs are not confirmed with 2027 team. Additional criteria was to make even number teams in each division, and of course applying the WAG principle.

2027 Elite
#3 Madlax Capital - H2H wins vs Next Level Blue, Team MD White, 91 MD, Crabs
#5 Next Level Blue - H2H wins vs Hawks, True Annapolis Green, Kooper's, Mesa MD, Crabs
#6 Annapolis Hawks - H2H wins vs Bethesda Blue, Crabs, Sidewinders
#15 Team Maryland White - H2H wins vs Mesa MD, Bethesda Blue, True Annapolis Green, FCA, 91 MD
#37 FCA
#34 Team 91 MD
#48 True Annapolis Green
- H2H wins vs Bethesda Blue, Mesa MD, Kooper's

2027 AAA
#36 Crabs
#42 Bethesda Blue
- H2H win vs Mesa MD
#28 Zingos Black
#31 Sidewinders Black
- H2H win vs Crabs
#39 Cavalier - H2H win vs Mesa MD
#43 Mesa MD - H2H win vs Bethesda Blue, Kooper's
#59 VLC - H2H win vs MDX-R
#81 Kooper's

2027 AA
*HLC
PLC
Fallston
Cannons Select
Kelly Post
True Baltimore
Madlax- DMV
#51 Team Maryland Red

2027 A

*Top Caliber
Bethesda Orange
Breakers
HoCo Black
True Annapolis White
*Coppermine
Looney's
*Gator Lacrosse Club

2027B

East Side
Zingos Blue
Baltimore Swarm
Rockfish Purple
*USS Cruisers
*AYLC
*LTRC
*MDX-R

[/u][u][/u][u][u][/u]

No chance Crabs slide down.
Team 91 hasn't won a game in Hoco in 2, maybe 3, years.
BLC blue and orange might request to go another division down. They are really struggling.
Madlax DMV will slide lower

Crabs will not be in Elite. They did not have a great summer and were 0-fer in the fall, including losses to Sidewinders and Richmond Hawks. 91 has beat (in some cases handily) or tied everyone they've played in AAA since the summer. BLC teams and Madlax DMV could move down. Lower divisions are a WAG at this point without knowing which programs are actually fielding teams at this grad year. Hearing that some programs may be opting out of a spring season.

Based on HCRP Online Registration (which closed on 15 Feb) here's how many team registered for each division. Likely to be movement since its a 7 game regular season and HoCo likes for teams to have one game vs all others in division, so that would mean 8 team divisions. Given there are 39 teams registered, one division would have 7 teams.

2027 Elite - 11
2027 AAA - 5
2027 AA - 7
2027 A - 5
2027 B - 11

91 only played one year of Hoco which was two years ago since everyone missed last year. They did not play in the fall hoco. Hawks has had some roster changes and I don't know how they did in tournaments so will be interesting to see their play.
233 16,090 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Lampeter-Strasburg HS (PA) 2022 Defense, Defense Emaly Garrett Commits to Eastern MI University JesLax1 Yesterday at 06:31 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Lampeter-Strasburg Highschool (PA) 2022 Defense, Defense Emaly Garrett of Phantastix Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Eastern Michigan University.

High school: Lampeter-Strasburg Highschool (Lancaster, PA)
Grad year: 2022
Positions: Defense, Defense
College committed to: Eastern Michigan University
Club team: Phantastix Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse honors: National Lacrosse Classic/Academy 2019 Champs- PA2022 team Under Armour 150 Participant 2019&2020 Varsity starter freshman year...
Academic honors: National Honors Society Distinguished Honor Roll, 4.0 GPA Art Scholastics Award Student Council Secretary 90+ community service hours
Expected major: Art Therapy/Therapist
Why did you choose Eastern Michigan University, Women's D1? "I wanted more diversity on a bigger campus and to follow my dreams in the classroom and on the lacrosse field. I am excited to be an Eagle and continue to grow as a player and person under Coach Jackson."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you, mom and dad, for my coach/mentor Claudia Ovchinnikoff, and my trainers at PowerTrain :)"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Emaly Garrett on her commitment to Eastern Michigan University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below:

0 45 more...
NEW JERSEY MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey Anonymous Yesterday at 05:50 PM
Any truth to the rumor that Leading Edge is falling apart? Is it a financial thing or just that kids are going elsewhere? Was thinking about having my 6th grader check them out this summer but don't want to have it blow up in our face. Are going the way of Mad Dog?

Since your son is only in 6th grade, I would give it some time and see how things play out. Not much value in going to LE before high school anyway, the youth teams are not competitive. There are many other clubs that are much better at developing players.
1,096 139,910 more...
Coatesville Area Senior HS (PA) 2021 Attack, Midfield Marley Rhymes Commits to La Salle University JesLax1 Yesterday at 05:30 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Coatesville Area Senior Highschool (PA) 2021 Attack, Midfield Marley Rhymes of PA Express Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at La Salle University.

High school: Coatesville Area Senior Highschool (Coatesville, PA)
Grad year: 2021
Positions: Attack, Midfield
College committed to: La Salle University
Club team: PA Express Lacrosse
Academic honors: National Honors Society
Expected major: Education
Why did you choose La Salle University, Women's D1? "The team and school felt like home as soon as I stepped on campus! It felt like a great fit to grow as a student-athlete."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Huge thank you to my family, coaches, and teammates that have pushed me this far!."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Marley Rhymes on her commitment to La Salle University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .

0 45 more...
Harford Technical HS (MD) 2022 Goalie Mia Courtalis Commits to Indiana University of Pennsylvania JesLax1 Yesterday at 04:30 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Harford Technical High School (MD) 2022 Goalie Mia Courtalis of NEMS Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Indiana University of Pennsylvania

High school: Harford Technical High School (Bel Air, MD)
Grad year: 2022
Position: Goalie
College committed to: Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Club team: NEMS Lacrosse
Academic honors: National Honors Society, National Technical Honors Society, National Science Honors Society (Secretary), Rho Kappa National Honors Society, Student Government Association, Students Against Destructive Decisions (Vice President), Varsity Club, Women’s Club, Speech and Debate, and Friends R Family Distinguished Honor Student

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Mia Courtalis on her commitment to Indiana University of Pennsylvania. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .

0 134 more...
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 04:10 PM
Anyone have a list of teams for the North qualifiers? Someone posted it for my youngest's 2026.

Just email them, they will send the list to you. I got the east one from them.
Isnt the idea here to share information
853 63,779 more...
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 03:41 PM
They are good, just understand what you are getting with those, they are big time showcases that truly provide for the elite players, my son was in the. middle of the back and ended up committing but he was a little out of his comfort-zone at those his first year going! Great experience though and incredible coaching!
354 37,161 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 03:31 PM
Nice thing about men’s college lacrosse is that most of the D1 options are good to great academic schools. Of course there are some not so good too. Also there are some great D3 academic options. In short D1, D2 and D3 all offer a chance for kids to get into a much better academic school than they would have without lacrosse. Championships are nice but I would hope a kid picks a great academic school that is a great fit over anything else.
A very small percentage, under 1%, of players will benefit from any type of lacrosse recruitment to college. Of those that do, the reward is an even smaller percentage for tuition reimbursed. You're NOT going to any college without excellent grades and well rounded extra curriculars. Lacrosse is rarely a part of that equation. The college coaches will let you know right away where you rank and it wont be at some freshman or sophomore money grab showcase. Don't be fooled into thinking your investment in youth lacrosse will be rewarded with a scholarship. Pay and play because your kid wants to not you. Its their journey.

Which D2 school offers an amazing academic experience?
Rollins - Bentley - LeMoyne
7,308 1,783,607 more...
Sussex Technical HS (DE) 2021 Attack, Midfield Jake Taylor Commits to DE Technical Community College JesLax1 Yesterday at 03:30 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Sussex Technical High School (DE) 2021 Attack, Midfield Jake Taylor of RAW Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Delaware Technical Community College.

High school: Sussex Technical High School (Georgetown, DE)
Positions: Attack, Midfield
College committed to: Delaware Technical Community College
Club team: RAW Lacrosse
Academic honors: Honor Roll all marking periods
Expected major: Business
Why did you choose Delaware Technical Community College, Men's Jr.? "I chose Del Tech for the opportunity of being able to transfer to another college and lacrosse program after my two years are done and for the opportunity of being in the SEED program that allows me to get my education for free which lifts a lot of weight of my parents' shoulders."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I want to thank my parents and coaches for always pushing me to be my best."
What other colleges did you consider? "University of Delaware, Wilmington University, and Flagler College."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Jake Taylor on his commitment to Delaware Technical Community College. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 41 more...
West Chester East HS (PA) 2021 Defense, LSM Aidan Long Commits to Montclair State University JesLax1 Yesterday at 02:30 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: West Chester East High School (PA) 2021 Defense, LSM Aidan Long of Fusion Elite Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Montclair State University.

High school: West Chester East High School (West Chester, PA)
Positions: Defense, LSM
College committed to: Montclair State University
Club team: Fusion Elite Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: All ChesMont Selection 2019
Academic honors: Honor Roll
Expected major: Business
Why did you choose Montclair State University, Men's D3? "I was looking for a large state university experience offering great academics with an opportunity to play highly competitive DIII lacrosse. Montclair State simply checked all the boxes."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank all my coaches throughout my development years from West Chester Youth Lax, coach Holmes at Fusion, coach Licht at MSU, and especially my High School coach, Jim Schorn for always supporting my growth as a player."
What other colleges did you consider? "Widener, Stockton, Elizabethtown and York."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Aidan Long on his commitment to Montclair State University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 45 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 02:12 PM
I'd love to see this NDA the Tiger's Parents have to sign. Can anyone copy and paste it in here? It's an anon board baby! fight the power!
1,450 366,760 more...
Re: Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 02:20 AM
How does Run with the Best this compare the the 1% in FL?

Same 02 and 03 birth years
676 52,711 more...
Red Lion Christian Academy (DE) 2021 Attack Evan Hawlk Commits to DE Technical Community College JesLax1 02/23/21 06:30 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Red Lion Christian Academy (DE) 2021 Attack Evan Hawlk of RAW Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Delaware Technical Community College.

High school: Red Lion Christian Academy (Bear, DE)
Position: Attack
College committed to: Delaware Technical Community College
Club team: RAW Lacrosse
Academic honors: Honor roll Freshman and Junior year, Eagle Scout
Expected major: Engineering
Why did you choose Delaware Technical Community College, Men's Jr.? "I chose Del-Tech because it allows me to train and play at the college level for two years before transferring to a 4-year college. Attending Del-Tech allows me to remain close to home and free tuition through the Seed Program."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my family, friends, and coaches for pushing me to be better and constantly helping me to achieve my goals."
What other colleges did you consider? "University of Delaware, Wilmington University, Alderson Broaddus, Methodist University."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Evan Hawlk on his commitment to Delaware Technical Community College. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 65 more...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Today's Visitors
9 members (baldbear, BiggLax, cltlax, BOTC_EVENTS, JesLax1, Gremelin, JohnWick, TheBackOfTheCage, MomOf6), 1,852 guests, and 581 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod