FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]A poster says that 3 LI teams have beaten the pack. What teams?

Igloo express and TAZ. Does not matter , Anyway. The kids are 12. A lot of good talent. If it makes you feel better to claim you are the best

Igloo did tie WP last year. Express beat WP 1 time, ever, and has lost the other 7-10 times. Taz was 1-1-1 against WP last year. WP has beaten and lost to every top team out there. (Express, TAZ, 91 MD, Bethesda, Hawks, Madlax, Laxachusettes) Just facts, no opinion.
Exactly. So with that said it just goes to show you how there is some good competition at this level. So lets stop banging our chests and acting like children. Wish all the boys a great season to come. LI Strong. ANY GIVEN SUNDAY
754 50,631 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
you want 2025
YJ either team way to go!!!
Top teams from other clubs compare themselves to the second team at YJ!

Not M&D! Bahahaha

True, M&D is the club YJA compares themselves to. M&D will further separate themselves from YJ this year. YJB is not even in the conversation of best cubs, sorry!
60 5,433 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
All this talk about playing up is silly. You want Express to play up so you can see them lose. Or, you want them out of tournaments so that your sons team can have a chance to win. Well, that’s not how sports work, Snowflake. The best teams win. They’re 11 year old kids and they are very good right now. That may change over the next few years, but playing up now serves no purpose. Some 7th grade boys start getting very large. Playing up becomes dangerous. They won’t play up in A divisions because they will get destroyed, so the only option is to play weak teams. Like Blast tomorrow; those teams are not good. Blast will likely beat them, but those boys are not going to like it and could potentially take it out on those tiny Blast kids. It doesn’t make sense. Playing up doesn’t equate to playing better teams, just bigger. It is the clubs/coaches responsibility to put the teams in the tournaments best suited for them. Not to win shirts.

90% of the Express team are 12 yrs old. lets get facts straight!

Blast, too. A bunch of Igloo as well.

Please!!! there are a boat load of 06's on the 91 team..Express has the most and they will be playing vs kids there age this weekend.

Express is in the 2024 A bracket this weekend.
633 46,768 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
That is bogus about the Hawks having 12 year olds. I was on the sidelines and a group of LI dads started complaining about the hawks having hold backs as soon as the game got out of hand. One LI dad, maybe you, came back to watch part of the Express North game and complained that our bench was different, implying that we added 2025 players. The 2026 kids didnt even leave the bench as they had back to back games.

Can you confirm that these are the same players on the Hawks as last year? If so, a parent told me personally that there "are 3 or 4" 11 year olds on the team. That would make them 12 this year depending other birthday.

There can definitely be 11 year olds on the team, just like ANY 2026 team. There are kids with fall birthdays you know. As far as the same kids, who knows?? does any team return the same kids every year?

So a parent told you that they had 3-4 11 year olds and you post on here that they have 5 12 year olds? Like I said, there is something as a fall birthday.
274 18,479 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
Express Dad here. Just wanted to provide some insight in regards to what was observed during Sunday’s play day. The Hawks came out way to arrogant and cocky. They played sloppy and disinterested. There main goalie made zero saves, FOGO was 50% at best, offense looked crappy and of course the zone D. A couple of bright spots was there new D pole and goalie. The played solid. The only reason we loss was because of those two guys.

The Crabs came out to play! They look like they were in mid-season form. They looked like they wanted to make a point and boy did they! Crabs were big, strong and fast.

Get a life Ryan.
500 35,472 more...
Sponsored Links
BOTC MAIN FORUM
2 hours ago
We are new to the area from Juno Alaska. My son wants to play lacrosse and I was told he should join a club team. Although he is young(13) for his grade(8th) , he is 6’6” and 245 lbs. and pretty athletic. Any suggestions ?

He is not young for his grade in NY. All 8th graders should be 13 right now. If not 13, than still 12. Any kid who is 14 or older was held back at some point - most commonly at entry to Kindergarten.
2,309 498,334 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
2 hours ago
Is the Force team playing on Blatant this weekend from LI, are they any good??

Unless they added over the summer, they might have a tough go.
393 29,649 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
Not in 2026, what did you watch? The Hawks spanked both Express teams that went to DE, though they looked a lot bigger so there has to be an age difference.
74 5,976 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
It was a TRAVEL tournament....players do come from all over....the team was made up of a majority of Sachem players...Why should they be blackballed???Guarantee there were no 2022's there. Get over it

6 Sachem kids does not count as majority.
586 49,005 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
4 hours ago
At this age, the girls should gear up for Under Armor. The Igloo event is a waste of time and money.

The Under Armour tryouts for LI are not until May I believe. For 2023’s only 2-3 kids will even make the Long Island team (mostly 2020’s) The elite camp thing UA runs is a complete waste of time. This Igloo camp is silly as well. All of you on here have the ultimate platform to get coaches attention, show up to your summer travel games in two years and preform on the field, gear up to do that. Get selected to UA and schoolgirls, get the county awards for school ball and everything falls into place with out spending absurd amounts of money on these joke camps.

YES! Thank you!

The 2023s do not play on the same team as the 2020s. Under Armour has two (highlight and command) younger age brackets. Next year will be 2020/2021 and 2022/2023. I agree that very few 2023s will make the team,

2-3 studs for the younger years of both age groups will make it playing up.They always give a few of those spots to the younger standouts and deservingly so. This happens in all regions.

They will take two YJA girls, one being the new coaches daughter, and 2 TG girls. That's about it. Girls looking to make the team better be standing out on Varsity this year!
279 25,333 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
14 hours ago
Liverpool High School (NY) 2020 Def, LSM Nick Hall of Finger Lakes Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Cazenovia College.

High School: Liverpool High school (Syracuse, NY)
Grad Year: 2020
Positions: Defense, LSM
College Committed to: Cazenovia College
Club Team: Finger Lakes Lacrosse Club
Academic Honors: Scholastic Science Award
Expected Major: Education
Why did you choose Cazenovia College, Men's D3? "I chose this car because of the great education and the part of playing in this for our love to play and to be part of the Cazenovia family go Wildcats."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would love to think my mother and my grandparents for helping me through picking the sports that I love and I would also love to think my ears eighth grade coach holiday and the coaching staff at Cazenovia College for letting me be a wildcat."
What other colleges did you consider? "I also considered Cortland, Morisvile and Lemoyne."

-Back of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com
0 31 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
15 hours ago
What about Ward Melville

Bwahahah, Its them, then everyone else! First year that I am not so sure 2 - 10 are separated by much.

Someone threw in Haupagge, What about Mt Sinai? Hills East, East Ilsip?

But didnt the coaches already sit about the rankings, what was the outcome from that?

WM was ranked number one in D1
Mount Sinai ranked 1 in D2
5,212 691,147 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
being on the team and playing are two different things. Did you take playing time into account?

I do not know if they checked playing time. However, I have read on here over and over that 50% of the players will not be playing by their senior year. The posts above show very accurately that at many top programs (which is where many of the top players go) the overwhelming majority of players continue to play through their senior year. 36 of 39 were still on the roster four years later. The three players not playing stopped due to injury. The poster mentioned that at Ivy schools many only have 4 seniors on the roster. It was then pointed out that All 7 players at Princeton who came in as freshmen in 2016 are still playing now as seniors. True that at Penn there are only 4 seniors on the current roster that class started out with only 6 players not 12. Big difference going from 6 to 4 then going from 12 to 4 as the other poster would have us believe.

Who expects every player to see significant playing time. It is not PAL we are talking about the top division I teams. 30 players on the roster , obviously everyone can't start or play equal time. My guess is that 0 - 3 start as freshmen, 2 or 3 work their way into the lineup over the next few years and 1 or 2 never get much playing time in many cases due to injury.

That is significantly different then what is portrayed on this site.

Okay, just did a little checking.

12 of the Inside Lacrosse HS Top 30 Seniors for this class went to the Five schools listed. I did not check the watch list, just the Top 30.

5 to UNC
4 to Maryland
2 to BC
2 to Princeton
0 to Penn

Just about all of the 12 have done very well. I think 5 All-Americans. The Tewarraton Award Winner. I'm sure some All-Conference.

BC - 8 of the 9 players start just about every game. one player started many games. All are playing a ton.

NC - 4 of the 8 are regular starters when healthy. 2 play in most games.1 off roster injury. 1 (goalie) played 60% of the time.

MD - 7 of the 9 are regular starters. One plays in every game. One is a reserve.

Pton - 5 of the 7 would be considered starters. 1 doesn't seem to start but gets time in every game and plays a lot. 1 player was out last season due to injury.

Penn - 2 of the 6 are regular starters. 1 is a reserve player. 3 are out due to injury.

This is all before their Senior Season.

Up until this point in their careers most seam to become starters. Many others play a significant amount and only a few do not play very much and most of the time that is due to injury.

The top programs do appear to bring in between 7 and 9 recruits many of which are highly touted. These players do go on to have very good college careers and many become the top players in the game.

Sorry but I had to look for myself.

being on the team and playing are two different things. Did you take playing time into account?

I do not know if they checked playing time. However, I have read on here over and over that 50% of the players will not be playing by their senior year. The posts above show very accurately that at many top programs (which is where many of the top players go) the overwhelming majority of players continue to play through their senior year. 36 of 39 were still on the roster four years later. The three players not playing stopped due to injury. The poster mentioned that at Ivy schools many only have 4 seniors on the roster. It was then pointed out that All 7 players at Princeton who came in as freshmen in 2016 are still playing now as seniors. True that at Penn there are only 4 seniors on the current roster that class started out with only 6 players not 12. Big difference going from 6 to 4 then going from 12 to 4 as the other poster would have us believe.

Who expects every player to see significant playing time. It is not PAL we are talking about the top division I teams. 30 players on the roster , obviously everyone can't start or play equal time. My guess is that 0 - 3 start as freshmen, 2 or 3 work their way into the lineup over the next few years and 1 or 2 never get much playing time in many cases due to injury.

That is significantly different then what is portrayed on this site.

Okay, just did a little checking.

12 of the Inside Lacrosse HS Top 30 Seniors for this class went to the Five schools listed. I did not check the watch list, just the Top 30.

5 to UNC
4 to Maryland
2 to BC
2 to Princeton
0 to Penn

Just about all of the 12 have done very well. I think 5 All-Americans. The Tewarraton Award Winner. I'm sure some All-Conference.

BC - 8 of the 9 players start just about every game. one player started many games. All are playing a ton.

NC - 4 of the 8 are regular starters when healthy. 2 play in most games.1 off roster injury. 1 (goalie) played 60% of the time.

MD - 7 of the 9 are regular starters. One plays in every game. One is a reserve.

Pton - 5 of the 7 would be considered starters. 1 doesn't seem to start but gets time in every game and plays a lot. 1 player was out last season due to injury.

Penn - 2 of the 6 are regular starters. 1 is a reserve player. 3 are out due to injury.

This is all before their Senior Season.

Up until this point in their careers most seam to become starters. Many others play a significant amount and only a few do not play very much and most of the time that is due to injury.

The top programs do appear to bring in between 7 and 9 recruits many of which are highly touted. These players do go on to have very good college careers and many become the top players in the game.

Sorry but I had to look for myself.

This is why you get the clueless posters like myself responding to this nonsense. No one posts on these boards that the so called to 30 players stop playing the sport, its just some fake news you dopes like to resond to. Then you use your facts to back up the success of these kids problem is your facts are not facts at all.Lets take the top rated recruiting class of the 2015 from UNC .Of the 8, 4 are no longer with this graduating class, 1 is no longer playing . Last season 3-4 would have been considered starters ,5 of the 8 played in every game they were available for, none were named as IWLCA all americans. So yes they are successful as a group contributing to a very good program but as has been stated if you think coming into a top program as a highly ranked Inside Lacrosse player is some guarantee of playing time, AA status etc you are sadly mistaken. I am sure your " facts " are just as suspect with all the programs but honestly who wants to waste that much time looking up this nonsense.

There have been many posts on this site over the years where people insinuate that the players who go to the top programs, make UA, are recognized as a "top player" by inside lacrosse etc... Will not pan out, will never see the field, will major in basket weaving , will not be on the team in four years etc....

I have never read on here a post saying that being recognized as a top player in HS will guarantee a player anything let alone guarantee being named college AA.

I have read several posts rebutting the posts saying the top HS players will not do well in college.

You seem bent on moving the goal post with your arguments.

It looks like a few posters have layed out some facts in order to dispel some myths that have been put on this site.

I have also noticed that since some light has been shed on reality certain posters want to move the goal post.

Example : it is no longer an accomplishment or a major contribution to start and or play in every game for a top program. To some (maybe to you) anything less than First Team All American means the top HS player did not pan out.
4,585 575,183 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:45 PM
2023 scores from yesterday - MD 91, Freedom, Patriot?

Don't remember the scores but...

MD 91 tied Patriot and lost to Freedom. No idea what they did against Sons.
Sons lost to Freedom. No idea what they did against the others.
Freedom won all their games.
1,149 157,936 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:06 PM
Can’t we all get along! Really it’s he said she said. I really don’t think parents would be that cruel to a third grader! God I hope not.
67 3,768 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
Yesterday at 03:49 PM
Gloucester Catholic (NJ) 2019 Att Sean Beers of South Jersey Shamrocks Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Cabrini College.

High School: Gloucester Catholic (Woolwich Twp, NJ)
Grad Year: 2019
Position: Attack
College Committed to: Cabrini College
Club Team: South Jersey Shamrocks Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: Two time all conference and all area. Second team all South Jersey 2018. All area player of the year 2018. Team offensive MVP 2017 and 2018. Team MVP 2018. Gloucester Catholic High School Season goal record 57 goals (twice), and all time leading scorer. NXT Showcase fab forty all star 2018. Nike Jake Reed Blue Chip.
Academic Honors: Volunteer tutor at Sacred Heart School Camden NJ.
Expected Major: Communication Technology
Why did you choose Cabrini College, Men's D3? "A chance to play with a perennial Division 3 powerhouse, a great coaching staff, with an opportunity to study Communications and Media and it is close to home."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like my family, especially my parents who helped me through the process. Also special thanks to my bother Conor who introduced me to the game, Coach Robbins, all my Shamrock coaches throughout the years. My high school coaches Eric Gendron and most importantly Bill Keane, who pushed me to be my absolute best."
What other colleges did you consider? "N.J.I.T., Albright, Lycoming and Dominican."

-Back of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com
0 75 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by gary1075
The cost is borderline insane. I'm just wondering from people who have been through the process.......does travel lax really matter if you want to play in college?

Boy or Girl?
What level in college are you talking about?
What HS does your child attend?
5 542 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 02:25 PM
My kids are done so have no money in this BUT love the game.Thats pretty good for a little ol suny school! Bet you wish your kid made different choice. Lots of teams don't make it that far and they are there year after year now. Pretty sure that they had some tough losses in those games OT, 1 Goal games.
As for the games yesterday Syracuse beat Florida pretty good and Stony Brook beat Syracuse.
It is fall ball.
Fun to watch

You miss the entire point.

Why would you bet that I wish my kid made a different choice?

SBU people are funny, they pound their chest every chance they get, boast of their gaudy regular season record and carry on about other schools and teams,

They then turn around and say well it's pretty good for a SUNY school.

Be happy wherever your kid plays or played,

Point is SB is a "team" full of kids that were told they weren't good enough by all the perennial powerhouses and they seem to do just fine.

No, that was not the point.

By the way, Stony Brook is a "perennial powerhouse" as The Seawolves have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past six season (in 2012 they were just outside the Top 20 (listed as others receiving votes). That fact puts Stony Brook in the elite category with maybe 10 - 12 other programs. Off the top of my head I would bet:

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Boston College
Princeton
Florida
Syracuse
Virginia
Penn

Penn State?
Duke?
Notre Dame?

Thats pretty good company, to be recognized in the Top 20 six times in six years is very impressive. So to say "SB is a "team" full of kids that were told they weren't good enough by all the perennial powerhouses" is really not accurate. Stony Brook is a perennial powerhouse. Maybe it would be more accurate to say "many of the schools the players or their parents wanted the players to go do did not make an offer" IDK. My guess is that many of those Stony Brook players were offered at other schools but the offers were not attractive enough for the parent or players.
1,253 79,926 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 01:03 AM
Did any Rising Sons team win a game today? Asking for a friend.

This was relatively chuckle-worthy until I saw it in multiple threads.
544 90,622 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
10/14/18 09:36 PM
Akron High School (NY) 2019 Def, LSM Dustin Schultz of Buffalo Storm Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Medaille College.

High School: Akron High School (Akron, NY)
Positions: Defense, LSM
College Committed to: Medaille College
Club Team: Buffalo Storm Lacrosse
Academic Honors: Honor roll Student of the month in history
Expected Major: Business
Why did you choose Medaille College, Men's D3? "I chose Medaille because because I believe with the small classroom feel and small campus feel, it will be just like my hometown of Akron. I chose to play for the Mavericks Lacrosse team because I believe the coach Daniel Patrone is making the culture of Medaille lacrosse excited and hungry. "

-Back of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com
0 26 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
10/14/18 07:40 PM
Anyone at the Yale/ND scrimmage today? Was wondering if TD did any better after the beatdown he took last weekend. Seems like the grass may not be greener for him!
61 7,577 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
10/14/18 07:37 PM
Jupiter High School (FL) 2020 Faceoff Ty Benedetto of Team 91 Florida has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Jacksonville University.

High School: Jupiter High School (Jupiter, FL)
Position: Faceoff
College Committed to: Jacksonville University
Club Team: Team 91 Florida, Swashbucklers
Expected Major: Business
Why did you choose Jacksonville University, Men's D1? "Close to home and great coaching staff "
Is there anything else you would like to share? "My parents, coaches & teammates made this all possible."
What other colleges did you consider? "Providence, Army"

-Back of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com
0 21 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
10/14/18 07:05 AM
Nease High School (FL) 2020 LSM Matthew Pounder of Sweetlax Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Jacksonville University.

High School: Nease High School (St. Augustine, FL)
Position: LSM
College Committed to: Jacksonville University
Club Team: Sweetlax Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: 2x Showtime All-Star, 2x All-County Team
Academic Honors: National Honor Society Member
Expected Major: Communication & Journalism
Why did you choose Jacksonville University, Men's D1? "I loved the coaches & the overall feel of the whole school. I just fell in love with the culture of everything there."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my parents, friends, family, and all the coaches that have gotten me to this point."
What other colleges did you consider? "Virginia"

-Back of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com
0 79 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
10/13/18 07:32 PM
Harrisburg Christian School (PA) 2020 Att, Mid Madeline Bassoff of Xtreme Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Palm Beach Atlantic University.

High School: Harrisburg Christian School (Harrisburg, PA)
Positions: Attack, Midfield
College Committed to: Palm Beach Atlantic University
Club Team: Xtreme Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse Honors: All-time leading scorer in goals (126), assists (43), draw controls (44) and points (169), most goals in a season (77), assists in a season (26) and points in a season (94), most goals in a game (11), had 7 goals in conference championship in 2017 as a freshman, 2x Offensive player of the year (2017, 2018), 2x 1st team all-conference member (2017, 2018)
Academic Honors: Academic Achievement in Algebra II, National Honors Society Member
Expected Major: Biological & Biomedical Sciences
Why did you choose Palm Beach Atlantic University, Women's D2? "Coach Schmidt is just an awesome person to be around and talk to. He truly has a vision for PBA Women's Lacrosse and it's great to see a coach who is as passionate as he is about coaching a girls lacrosse team. The team was also very welcoming and kind, and I truly felt at home when I first toured campus. Palm Beach Atlantic also cares about their students deeply. I always felt loved and cared for when I visited, and the location is absolutely stunning."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "A huge thank you to my parents and coaches for supporting me throughout my lacrosse career & its many endeavors. Also, I'd like to thank God for providing me with this awesome opportunity!! Can't wait to see what the future holds!"
What other colleges did you consider? "Liberty University, Roberts Wesleyan College, Messiah College"

-Back of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com
0 57 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
10/13/18 01:04 AM
General Brown (NY) 2019 Goal Brendan Eyestone of Upstate Elite ULC Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Mercyhurst University.

High School: General Brown (Dexter, NY)
Position: Goalie
College Committed to: Mercyhurst University
Club Team: Upstate Elite ULC Lacrosse Club
Academic Honors: National Honor Society 5 Years
Expected Major: Biological & Biomedical Sciences
Why did you choose Mercyhurst University, Men's D2? "The team was amazing made me feel apart of the team and the school is a perfect size and there are a lot of majors for my education "
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Ric beardsly Ryan Demores t(demo) Mike Holdridge Shawn Kazmier"
What other colleges did you consider? "Dominican, Salisbury, Umass, Boston, New England College Rivier, Ohio Northern, Aurora "

-Back of The CAGE
www.BackOfTheCAGE.com
0 28 more...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Today's Visitors
31 registered members (TM@BOTC, ILovePigs, cltlax, gary1075, TheAdmin, THOMASJOHN, Dukesli, LiLaxDad, BackCager, Man_Up, Stickcheck, A1Laxer, MidWestLaxer, JohnniesNation, IglooLaxer, LaxDad19, NJ_Laxer, NorthEastLaxer, Laxers412, CBLaxers, Und1sputedShowcase, 365Lax, MomOf6, 2waymiddie, LIKnightsLax, LaxrFanatic, NassauLaxDad516, laxislife, Mike O'Connell, itswhatever, 718lax2016), 4,308 guests, and 0 spiders.