Winter Clinics & Preseason Training Available - Check Camps/Clinics Forum Section | Registration is now Open for the CBLaxers.com UnD1sputed Showcases!!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics3,453
Posts357,356
Members2,529
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 minute ago
There's a subset of parents from BLC/DC Express and Madlax who will never be happy with any coach because they think their kids should never leave the field. Now they'll be Next Level's problem.
10,033 1,478,624 more...
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 26 minutes ago
There's a headhunter on that team, she's got a reputation. Hopefully her coaches can change the behavior before people start giving it back. No idea if the injury was from cheap shot but seems very likely based on seeing them play at BWI league this season.
2,958 481,628 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Age and Reclassification. The good the bad the ugly! Anonymous 29 minutes ago
Ok...got it . So when does this reclassing end al, when will there be age based tournaments?
884 266,564 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 33 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
IL doesn't seem to know who is committed. My kids club team has a ton of committed kids. IL shows about 25% of who is committed.

I’m familiar with a few of the top HS teams and top 2024 club teams on LI. IL has missed no commits on any of the 2024 club teams. IL is only missing one commit regarding all the HS teams that I have knowledge of. And that player isn’t what you’d call “top tier”, so my guess is they may miss “lower profile” players. Doubt they miss any higher profile kids. Does that make sense, based on your experience?

How does Inside Lacrosse assign stars to the player?

It represents a combination of Ty Xanders personal opinion and natural bias toward MD prep kids, and the frequency in which he sees a particular player. If he doesn’t see/evaluate a player, player has no shot at making his rankings (obviously). He doesn’t get to any LI games unless it’s playoff games. If your kid gets to a playoff game or two, that could be huge, if he does well. Conversely, Ty goes to a lot of MD prep games and know the landscape they’re intimately, which gives those players a huge leg up on anyone outside of MD. Hey. It’s lacrosse. Nothing is fair and equitable. Absolutely nothing.

Ty saw my kid once and gave him a very high Eval rating that he very rarely gives out. Based on only that score, he should be a 5 star, comparatively speaking. But he never saw my son play again. So he gave him an unranked 4 stars. That how it works. Not really that big of a deal when all said and done. My son got a great offer from a great school and program, since any self respecting college coach will do their own evaluations. That said, a higher ranking would definitely had a big impact. Moral of the story: Does the IL ranking matter to college coaches? Most definitely. But it’s also not the end all, either. Coaches will do their due diligence. Having the NLF rankings definitely helps to give an additional perspective on the players. And the NLF doesn’t have the MD bias that Ty has.

NLF has a Matt Chandick bias and you need to put money in his pocket to get ranked.
9,797 3,090,679 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 52 minutes ago
Keep an eye out for Gilman! New weight room complete and a new 95 million dollar upgrade for new indoor facility etc.

More like "Keep an eye out for the Predators" at Gilman.

Predators are on the the rise in a big way.

LOL not yet anyway. But worth mentioning that the 2028 Predators kids are about equally split between Gilman/Calvert (Gilman Jr High) and St. Pauls, with a few each at Loyola and McDonogh. 2027 Predators (former Looneys and 91 kids) are mostly Loyola. Not sure about the 2029 Predators but I know almost all of them played for 91 in 2021 or 2022.
9,952 2,159,219 more...
Sponsored Links
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 1 hour ago
I like the Rustin call although they have some holes at FO and ATT. Stoga gonna have a down year. Might be why their goalie (Duke commit) transferred to a private school in Virginia / DC area.
2,006 634,960 more...
Re: Boys 2030-5th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 1 hour ago
what’s the 1st tournament for everyone???
73 15,780 more...
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 1 hour ago
What are the actual tournaments you guys are playing in? Most of the big tournaments won't even have a 2024 division next fall

Presidents Cup has a division for seniors and opportunities to play there. I think the same is true for MidAtlantic.
1,176 158,143 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Perkiomen School (PA) 2024 Midfield Brenden McLeod Commits to Lindenwood University Thirdy@BOTC 1 hour ago
.@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Perkiomen School (PA) 2024 Midfielder Brenden McLeod of Evolve Elite has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Lindenwood University

High school: Perkiomen School
Grad year: 2024
Position: Midfield
College committed to: Lindenwood University
Club teams: Evolve Elite and Big 4 HHH
Lacrosse Honors: All-Canada All-Star, Top Prospects Invitee, and ULL All-Star
Academic honors: High Honours distinction
Why did you choose Lindenwood, Men’s D1? “The coaches were great, and I loved that campus and the team. It has good academics as well.”
Who do you wish to thank? “Thanks to Coach Kruger and Mangan (Perkiomen), Coach Fitzy (Evolve), Coach McKinney (HHH), and most importantly, my Mom and Dad.”
Expected major: Finance
Other schools considered: Sacred Heart, Queens U of Charlotte and Canisius

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Brenden McLeod on his commitment to Lindenwood University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

View College Profile Below:

0 6 more...
Re: Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Then again, my daughters club coaches don’t answer my daughter or her teammate’s emails either. 🤷🏻‍♂️
194 37,474 more...
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
YJ Dad here.

We played them in a 20 minute game last summer. In terms of talent, they were probably better than us at 7 or 8 positions. However, their entire offense was 2 or 3 man games and there really wasn't much "flow".

Looking at their results so far this year. They have played in 2 west coast tourneys this year and won... ZERO of them.

Until they play as a team, I don't see this changing. I could see them beating a top 5 club as a one off, but tough to win a tourney.

However, if they every start to play as a team...

I can see this being the type of team that never wins anything but has college coaches drooling because of all the raw talent.

Unless the players on these types of national teams leave their current clubs (which they won't), this will not become a big part of the girl's side. There's only so many good tourneys outside the big ones that it's not even worth playing for one of these teams since all you will see is inferior competition. Outside mid-atlantic, I've never seen Alliance at another decent tourney. West Coast tourneys aren't something to brag about and as YJ Dad stated, they didn't even win.

On the boys side, it isn't take kids leaving their clubs. It's about creating an additional A+ team to elevate competition for certain tourneys. Look at Team 91 or MadLax for boys. For team 91 national, about 10-12 kids are from the Team 91 plus they add 8 other studs from across the country. I don't know numbers on MadLax but assume it is pretty much the same model

I think it will happen slowly over time and the top 10 clubs probably won't be impacted for a while and it definitely won't impact the 2027s in the next three years .

There is a team called Maryland select which is an all-star team from 3 or 4 mid-tier Maryland clubs which will play in a few tourneys as well this summer. Last year at AU Futures my LI daughter was asked if she wanted to play on that team.

Currently on the girls side, Mad Dog Elite is also a national team, which while not great is probably a legit top 40 national team.

However, to your point before, most of the girls on Alliance National and HHH National play on other clubs. Actually there are more Mass Elite girls on HHH National than HHH girls.

Team 91 is working harder to create girls national teams as well. Could impact 29s or 30s where they actually have a decent core of talent.
512 70,536 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 3 hours ago
What are the best summer camps in the area? Day or overnight...
414 67,237 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 11 hours ago
John jay has no offensive firepower - come on

They beat Rye last year and return almost everyone on that side of the ball so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
3,430 1,382,797 more...
Re: Boys 2031-4th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous Yesterday at 11:16 PM
6/24 6/25 nat showdown expecting 120-150 teams for all over NE
254 32,798 more...
Re: Girls 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous Yesterday at 10:45 PM
I have a new topic. "Long Island Elite" tournament. Runs several Sunday nights starting in March at Cantiague Park. Last year it had the following 2029 Teams:

Jesters Black (ranked 55, 87.82)
YJ Nassau (ranked 42, 89.05)
YJ Duswalt (ranked 33, 89.72)
YJ Friedman (ranked 3, 96.98)
Grizzlies (ranked 30, 90.08)

And the following 2028 teams in the same bracket: YJ Fey, Shore to Shore

This is a ranked event. Registration is still open. Here's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.

Just looked this up. This tournament is at Cantiague Park which has OUTDOOR turf fields. But games are scheduled for February and March from 5-9? So girls are playing EVENING games outside during the WINTER.
Step back and think about that as a parent, is that ok for your daughter?

My kid played in this last year and we all had a great time. However, she’s also not a complete wimp that we keep in the house until April. It was cold. I don’t think anyone died. Props go to that CT that traveled to Long Island every Sunday night for it.
279 32,524 more...
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 06:50 PM
We used NCSA and I tried responding to you and similar questions several times here and my post never seems to make it on the board 🤔.

I will try again. It’s expensive and I don’t think necessary. But, from a positive perspective, its great for your daughter to use to send out emails and see which coaches open those emails, and good for her to have someone to talk to about videos and recruiting efforts if you don’t have much interaction with your club or HS coaches on that front. I think sports recruits/IWLCA is more commonly used and is less expensive.

If you have limited financial resources, I would put my $ toward showcases and school camps instead.
1,787 440,893 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous Yesterday at 06:31 PM
NGLL Schedule, to me, its quite simple. Even with no divisions, you still need to divide up 16 teams into two pods with 8 games each.

Use US rankings as guide:

1 Coppermine Black
3 MDU East
4 M&D Black
5 Crush
6 HG
20 Pride Red
22 SW Blue
28 CCLax
29 FCA Blue
38 Stars Light Blue
42 HW
43 HoCo Black
47 Next Level
79 NEMS
91 3D Navy Metro Navy
163 MC Elite

Blue
Coppermine Black
Crush
HG
CCLax
FCA Blue
HoCo Black
Next Level
MC Elite

Red
MDU East
M&D Black
Pride Red
SW Blue
Stars Light Blue
HW
NEMS
3D Navy Metro Navy

Every team in Red plays every team in Red, then one crossover game, based on ranking.

So Coppermine plays MDU.
Crush plays M&D
HG plays Pride.

Best 6 records make playoffs. In case of a two way tie, head to head, then Goals Against.

This way no one team dodges anyone. Everyone has to go against a top team and everyone goes against low teams.

Looks like MC Elite has dropped out of the A bracket. That won't help the argument to split into 2 divisions with the odd number of teams now.
1,380 191,868 more...
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 06:00 PM
Thoughts on the first 5 star?
555 133,328 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Teams are slotted in HOCO based on past performance not forecasts of how they will perform. Until 91 shows they can actually hang with the big boys or BLC shows they are out of their league, the elite division should be determined on last years outcomes.

Lacrosse is not a meritocracy. Millon will call Ricky, as I'm sure he has already, and say "91 is top to bottom the best club in Maryland and produces #1 college recruits and makes the HoCo league look good, so you should put the teams wherever I say you should."

91's sales pitch is "developing elite athletes" but their actual business model is to hang around in elite alleyways and start picking up disgruntled elite kids in 7th, 8th, 9th grade who were developed by someone else entirely. Then they fold holdbacks into the batter until the majority of starters are holdbacks in 11th grade, and suddenly it's a Top 10 national team. This is the 91 MD recipe.

This will happen soon enough with the 2029s. A good rec club coach will "come over" with 10 kids and suddenly they will start winning games. Follow the 2028 T91 road map:

2019-2020: 2028 Team 91 team is something like 2W-26L overall. Coach fired. Most kids leave.
2021: 91 Recruits 2028 Swarm coach, brings over 10+ kids who don't even attend tryouts. Team is suddenly about 9W-12L overall at a high level.
2022: Same coach brings over 8 more kids and a dad coach from Kelly Post's elite team. Team beats Hawks in the fall of 2022.
2023: See what happens next. They are playing Elite this spring. They'll win some games too (unlike the 2029s).
2024: Most of the 2028 91 kids are already at MIAA schools where they will stay for HS, or may hold back on Millon's advice, but Millon will brag that he got them "recruited to MIAA."
By 2026: Most of the kids who joined before 2024 will be long gone. Because "player development."

That is the MD 91 recipe. See where you can slide your kid into that, or move on lol.
The 2028 team will not win a game in Elite. You heard it here first. 5-10 kids whose parents thought they would be major starters/contributors will be shopping new teams come Summer/Try-Out Season. Perhaps a team without Dad coaches.

I am inclined to believe all of that actually.

If you believed the guy with a 40 man roster of 6th graders and a fake "practice team", who has made 100% of his club coaching reputation on poaching players wholesale from one club to the next, that your son was "going to be a major contributor, " I mean that is kind of on you. And if you thought your kid was going to start over one of the 3-4 dad coaches' kids, that is also kind of on you.

That 2028 coach will be happy to have you all leave, not because your sons can't play, but because he needs to start backfilling the roster with holdbacks for the HS years. You heard it here first lol.

No dog in this fight but come on.... I watched this '28 91 team 2 years ago before new coach play FH rec team and lost by like 10 goals. Really bad talent, not much coaching, and very loud parents who were clueless. Did not look like a elite team as advertised. Just because you sign your kid up at 10 for a elite team doesn't make them elite. Of course new talent had to be brought in and new coaching in this place. Pretty shocking this much improvement this quickly. This is elite lacrosse all the teams bring in new kids. FCA just brought in all new attack. What di 91 do differently? Did the old players that had 2-22 record go to other elite teams or were they just not AAAA/elite level kids?

Yeah you're right about the observations.

Everybody poaches kids, yes obviously. Do they go coach them at school and then poach them 8-10 at a time from the rec council/club that hosts the school team and pays him? That takes a special guy lol. Aside from that, though, The current 2028 91 coaches (dad coaches, yes) are sufficiently talented, and the kids like them, and cratering Swarm's roster in 2021 and Kelly Post's roster in 2022 was enough to attract additional talent from former HoCo Pink, Predators, Forest Hill, etc. And despite the T91 mantra of "we don't cut last year's players," they did indeed cut most of the Swarm kids in 2022, or place them on the "Practice Team" aka see yourself out. The current team is vastly better. "Elite" compared to 2028 FCA, Hawks, NL, and ML? No. It'll be a tough spring. I think 91 won 4 games in AAA (fake AAAA) last year and if they stayed in AAA this year, they would beat everyone but Team MD, and ya know, anything can happen in a championship game. But I hear they are playing elite, so.

The old 91 2028 coach (2020-2021) was - not great - and I believe was fired. Very similar issues to the 2029 Crabs coaching drama 2 years ago. Both of those fired coaches had some level of coaching talent and some talented kids to work with, but something didn't work, in a dramatic way, in both cases. I think neither ever publicly explained what they were trying to do, that went so wrong. As a coach, I'd sure be interested to hear it.

The big thing you have to remember with elite teams is that prior to 9th grade, the roster is primarily a fundraiser for the HS age teams who don't contain a lot of "team lifers" Especially if the team lifers don't hold back as Millon and King Krab will "recommend." So don't get terribly attached!
861 120,855 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 05:20 PM
Does anyone know why the madlax b team doesn’t play AAA? The A team has a lot of under used kids

DMV are Great kids but there is zero chance they would be able to compete with most of the AAA teams in 2028 aside from Cannons and maybe Sidewinders. And the parents from the elite "Madlax Cap" squad would become apoplectic if someone suggested that their little Brayden should lower his recruiting potential by playing for a whole season with the DMV squad. And ML Cap would eat alive any of the AAA teams including 91 and Team MD. A talent differential does exist "on the whole."

There is the rare occasion where Cabel will ask ML Cap kids to come bolster the DMV roster for a specific tournament (which happens with Hawks, FCA and others as well). But it is not a regular practice.

And yes probably kids on the Cap roster who SHOULD be on the DMV roster and vice versa, for reasons of actual development, playing time, etc. But it's youth lax and it is what it is.
6,437 814,725 more...
Lenape High School (NJ) 2023 Short-stick Midfield, Midfield Cole Galvao Commits to Holy Family University Thirdy@BOTC Yesterday at 03:42 PM
.@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Lenape High School (NJ) 2023 Short-stick Midfield, Midfield Cole Galvao of Jersey Express has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Holy Family University

High school: Lenape High School
Grad year: 2023
Position: Short-stick Midfield, Midfield
College committed to: Holy Family University
Club teams: Jersey Express
Why did you choose this school?: Coach Keating presented his vision for the future program to me and I love every part of it. Not only did Coach Keating love my abilities on the field, he loves my ability to be a man off the field. Something about starting a whole program from the ground up is very fascinating to me and I’m glad Coach Keating believes I can be a key asset.
Who do you wish to thank for helping you achieve this honor?: This 9 month's journey has truly been a blessing and without my family, coaches, teammates and friends I wouldn’t be the man I am today.
Expected major: Business
Other colleges considered: Bryant, Wagner, Monmouth, and Washington College.

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Cole Galvao on his commitment to Holy Family University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 11 more...
Re: Long Island Legacy Anonymous Yesterday at 02:56 PM
Rebels are the present and future. 91 and legacy are on way down. Express always will be Relevant.

thanks Kreskin!

Who is Kreskin? lol
16 1,650 more...
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season Anonymous Yesterday at 01:14 PM
Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Penn. 4-6% acceptance rate. If you can use lacrosse to gain admission to one of those schools, you won the jackpot. Valedictorians with 1600 SATs are getting rejected. Lacrosse is a fun sport to play, but c’mon, we’re talking about a life changing degree. Priorities!

I suppose if you are "woke" and can accept the possibility of your daughter being in a dressing room and watching some male pretending to be a female, then these schools are wonderful for you. Including the "New" science that supports no gender....paying all of that money for this nonsense? Risking your daughters safety on the field, or her having to be uncomfortable in the dressing room?

The above just might be the most ignorant post of all time. Get your head out of the sand, pay attention, just about every school is "woke". You should probably be more concerned about kindergarten, elementary school, middle school and high school and the woke agenda that is pushed on young children. By the time your children are in college they should be able to think for themselves and if you have done a good job as a parent they will be strong enough mentally to come to their own conclusions.

The Universities listed above are no more "Woke" than any other schools but because they are know around the world they get the most press.

SUNY schools ....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiQpLj98fb8AhWdFVkFHSUoChIQFnoECAMQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2023%2F01%2F31%2Fsuny-makes-new-racial-equity-class-mandatory-for-graduation-at-all-schools%2F&usg=AOvVaw1cWwI1nB96Wk7AOuXz-muO

In short, your post and rationale are shortsighted, even foolish.
1,179 173,705 more...
Somers High School (NY) 2024 Midfield Nick Newman Commits to Iona University Thirdy@BOTC
.@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Somers High School (NY) 2024 Midfield Nick Newman of Express North has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Iona University

High school: Somers High School
Grad year: 2024
Position: Midfield
College committed to: Iona University
Club teams: Express North
Why did you choose this school?: Since I wanted to stay close to home and go to a good school where I could major in business and play a high level of lacrosse
Expected major: Business

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Nick Newman on his commitment to Iona University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 27 more...
CAMPS & CLINICS Jump to new posts
True Blue K-3 Mini Blue Spring Program BOTC_EVENTS
0 47 more...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Today's Visitors
11 members (abowden, Team BOTC, Thirdy@BOTC, 1026ME, BiggLax, LILax15, JimSection1, Devildog, gordon984, JZAM1980, cltlax), 2,438 guests, and 1,982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod