MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 13 minutes ago
Sad but true!
3,677 561,000 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 21 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do you get on a showcase team, any in this area

Payola, Politics and Cronyism. You don't have to be the best on the team.
239 15,504 more...
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 23 minutes ago
Is the Navy box league happening? Any teams around playing if it does happen? Thank you
Drive from Baltimore to Annapolis for outside box in the winter? No thanks.
2,618 131,513 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 1 hour ago
My son has been on PrimeTime for a number of years. What I like is that they have only one team at each grade level and the organization is fully committed to those players. The program director knows each player and family. There is no money grab secondary team distractions like many other programs. Yes, rosters are more fluid at the younger grades, but stabilize at the high school level with few roster changes in those years. It is much harder to crack the roster at the HS level.
2,841 826,333 more...
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
M&D vs Heros Green - 4 games decided on who wins the last draw and gets the last shot.
493 61,203 more...
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Jen Adams say hello
358 21,236 more...
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Who is sponsoring the clinic? Is it too late to enroll?

https://www.theplayersseries.com/

It says it’s sold out but shoot them an email.

Seems to be be run by S2S.

Yup. Just a bunch of Long Island coaches with a college coach sprinkled in here or there. All the college coaches they advertised were not there. Overall I thought the event was overpriced. Best part is they make you give the jersey back after your done. Seems cheap and with covid just downright gross

Who coached your son’s team?

Why does it matter ?

Because you said the college coaches were sprinkled in!, suggesting there weren’t a lot of coaches. There were also many college players (including some great ones). Each team had a college assistant working as the HC.

It was very expensive
The pinnie return was a joke

But it was as advertised, you got what you paid for!
786 39,238 more...
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 4 hours ago
Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

I expect SW to improve over the next few seasons, had a late start compared to most of these teams.
2 322 more...
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse Anonymous 12 hours ago
I AGREE 100% with this assessment. ALL the girls on these 3 teams will be able to play high level college lacrosse if they so choose.

There are very good players being developed all over the country. Coaches don't look at the LI players so quickly anymore, unless you are a YJ. I am not putting down the other clubs, just saying that College coaches want to grow the game and are looking at midwest, TX, CA and will take those girls if equal to LI girls to do so. So you may be surprised that the offers aren't as you think they will be.

Are you serious. Their job depends on obtaining, teaching, coaching and most of all Winning. Do you think they are going to not take the best players. Geez.

It says if equal. Read again.
12,710 24,391,428 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 09:05 PM
6 thousand dollars per team

WHAT$$$$$$$$

That is less than some HS Coaches charge for tournaments held at their HS.

Have any teams signed up
7,098 1,681,981 more...
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 08:53 PM
91’s B team looked decent this fall. We played them twice and they beat us twice. We had beaten them last year. Maybe reach out to them?

Yes, they are good. The better 2nd teams are 91, Express and Rush. They are all organized, have good coaches, and that will translate into a positive experience. All might not win every game, but the commitment and is there. Igloo and Shore to Shore have 2nd teams, but don’t know much about them. The rest of the 2nd teams you probably want to do your research on.
727 40,576 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 11/28/20 10:00 PM
Most are now True Annapolis.
94 5,685 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 11/28/20 09:13 PM
I know some parents have contacted the athletics office...we will see what happens.

Please thank those parents for contacting the administration. Hopefully he will be banned from all coaching starting with Spooky nook. He may still try to coach unofficial teams using the school’s roster. It is important to stay vigilant for the next two years until we are finally rid of this cancer.

He will be the assistant coach for women’s lacrosse at Maryland before his daughter graduates. Mark my words - he cannot control himself 🤣
I know some parents have contacted the athletics office...we will see what happens.

Please thank those parents for contacting the administration. Hopefully he will be banned from all coaching starting with Spooky nook. He may still try to coach unofficial teams using the school’s roster. It is important to stay vigilant for the next two years until we are finally rid of this cancer.

He will be the assistant coach for women’s lacrosse at Maryland before his daughter graduates. Mark my words - he cannot control himself 🤣

^^^^^^ lmao. I’d bet money you are correct.
599 92,636 more...
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season Anonymous 11/28/20 08:33 PM
Yeah seriously. Put it in D1 first. Almost ever game is streamed. Again replay is in every other NCAA sport that is a NON REVENUE-Baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, field hockey, so why not lacrosse. It makes no sense not to have it.

If they can’t see off the streamed version then don’t over turn it. But put it in the game so when it matters they have it. There was a blatant crease call in one game for example.

There are things that refs don’t see based on angles etc..not fault of theirs. So like other sports it would be a nice aid
To get it right. There has to be a reason that they don’t have this, but pass every other meaningless things.
238 11,938 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Sachem North High School (NY) 2022 Defense Tyler Davide Commits to Fairfield University TM@BOTC 11/28/20 03:44 PM
@365Lax Boys' Recruit: Sachem North High School (NY) 2022 Defense Tyler Davide of Hitmen Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Fairfield University.

High school: Sachem North High School (Lake Ronkonkoma, NY)
Grad year: 2022
Position: Defense
College committed to: Fairfield University
Club team: Hitmen Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: Ranked Top 40 Junior by BOTC
Academic honors: National Honor Society
Expected major: Biological & Biomedical Sciences
What other colleges did you consider? "LIU Post, & Siena"

365Lax, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Tyler Davide on his commitment to Fairfield University. 365Lax provides lacrosse-specific services year round (camps, clinics, showcase teams & more) and they specialize in helping all athletes maximize their full potential and specifically specialize in training players to get prepared for the next level while implementing a NCAA training regiment performed by a variety of the top colleges in the country. For athletes of all ages & prospective student-athletes looking to enhance their game, visit 365Lax.com to train with their highly decorated & experienced coaches.
View College Profile Below:

0 105 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
East Islip High School (NY) 2022 Defense, LSM Stephen DeAmicis Commits to Cortland TM@BOTC 11/28/20 03:29 PM
@365Lax Boys' Recruit: East Islip High School (NY) 2022 Defense, LSM Stephen DeAmicis of East Coast Elite has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at SUNY College at Cortland.

High school: East Islip High School (Islip Terrace, NY)
Grad year: 2022
Positions: Defense, LSM
College committed to: SUNY College at Cortland
Club team: East Coast Elite
Lacrosse honors: 2019 Warrior All American award, 2020 Team 91 Invitational Honorable mention, 3 year varsity player
Academic honors: High Honor roll or Honor roll Every quarter
Expected major: Education
Why did you choose SUNY College at Cortland, Men's D3? "I chose SUNY Cortland because of the amazing lacrosse program, the excellent coaches, and top notch physical education program. I am excited for this opportunity and feel that Cortland is a perfect fit for me!"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to give a huge thanks to my club Coach Doug Meehan. He has lead by example on and off the field and has supported me all along the way. I would also like to thank my parents for constantly encouraging me to achieve this goal of mine."

365Lax, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Stephen DeAmicis on his commitment to SUNY College at Cortland. 365Lax provides lacrosse-specific services year round (camps, clinics, showcase teams & more) and they specialize in helping all athletes maximize their full potential and specifically specialize in training players to get prepared for the next level while implementing a NCAA training regiment performed by a variety of the top colleges in the country. For athletes of all ages & prospective student-athletes looking to enhance their game, visit 365Lax.com to train with their highly decorated & experienced coaches.
View College Profile Below:

0 84 more...
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse Anonymous 11/28/20 02:38 PM
I know kids on both teams and watched this unfold. I had been looking forward to the rematch and trying to scout some future talent. I unfortunately watched a pseudo MMA fight. If you can't control your team, you should not be coaching. Looneys kids were not playing well and loosing. They needed more self control. The referees should have removed them from the entire showcase. I know one of the coaches kids was involved. His father probably cheered him on. This is not a proud father moment. It was inexcusable. The same thing goes for the Prostart players and coaches. It was a showcase with coaches from several colleges. This is not how you act on or off the field. This kind of display shows poor coaching and parenting. If any of the players on my team acted this way they would be benched and forced to apologize. I would never offer a spot to a player who can not control his temper. Winning and Loosing is part of the game. Win or loose please have some class. You demean our sport.

T, the opposite of loose is tight. The opposite of win is lose. Please learn the language before you are critical of others.

His grammar is off but his point is spot-on. Time for Looney’s to look in the mirror and make some changes!!
2,336 775,929 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 11/27/20 11:23 AM
hi, i am woo from Sweden and i want to explain any thing about "pandemic". Please ask me smile
1,407 341,932 more...
Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 11/27/20 12:02 AM
Tr
59 8,166 more...
Re: Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 11/26/20 10:17 PM
Tb man handled 91 b the other night
Wasn’t even close
I’m gonna say Tb and launch are neck and neck and tied for 5th on Long Island behind taz 1 pack 2 express 3 and igloo 4... but very close to 4 with igloo
Any thoughts on that ?
Tb man handled 91 b the other night
Wasn’t even close
I’m gonna say Tb and launch are neck and neck and tied for 5th on Long Island behind taz 1 pack 2 express 3 and igloo 4... but very close to 4 with igloo
Any thoughts on that ?

True blue needs to compete to be talked about. Stop hiding in garbage tourneys. Their teams blew apart at all ages, they play in b tournaments yet they sell their programs as “A teams”. Each team lost major players at every age except 2022 because that’s the the team that has the only good coaches they have in the program. The 2024 team CANT beat or COMPETE in a “A bracket” and all their other team are the same. Nothing wrong with a b level program and that’s what they have become. The real question is why do all their best players eventually leave. Ponder that thought.

True Blue has only ever lost to Launch. Igloo and Launch have traded one-goal wins recently so they're the same, tied at 4th.

True blue is irrelevant at every age level and Kat is the worst thing that any kid could have to experience. Who has true blue beat ? Thats right no one let’s think again for a second yup still no one. Tell yourselves whatever you need to but the reality is win lose or draw run far away from true blue and the Kat clowns
559 32,401 more...
Re: Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 11/26/20 03:20 PM
1 player made the difference for sure.
145 16,827 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 11/26/20 03:19 PM
Not negativity. It’s truth. Play the top teams and then beat your chest
90 6,877 more...
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse Anonymous 11/26/20 02:23 PM
It usually does. Granted not always, but almost always. The more you pay for things, the better they are. That goes for almost anything in life. Restaurants, hotels, cars, anything. You get what you pay for. My nephew goes to a boarding school. My brother and his wife, make silly money. Tuition is a drop in the bucket. The school is insane. The facility, the academics, the sports, the food, even the moms who drop the kids off are extra hot. The whole experience is great. Unfortunately with 3 kids, colleges, probably grad school too, prep school would be a tough financial pill to swallow.

Most prep schools are inflated hype for rich people. Often it is a place for kids who, for various and valid reasons, just aren't thriving in their public school or in their personal development. Makes sense. Parents rich enough to try something else can afford to send them away. Oddly it is students who already come from very rich towns with great public schools who dominate prep schools. I mean boarding schools, not local day or Catholic schools. Though those places also are full of kids from rich towns.

Top prep schools are excellent and provide an amazing experience not public HS can touch. But most aren't any better than a decent public HS. I'd say 90% of preps offer nothing better than a Bronxville, Scarsdale, Pleasantville etc can offer in terms of academics.

But this is about lax. Prep schools have completely ramped up their devotion to sports, though, and recruiting mixed with facilities means they are just like college sports these days. Preps have holdbacks, college connections, and are surging in lacrosse, especially in the Northeast.
179 14,318 more...
Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 11/26/20 03:05 AM
it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that "they" are the tournament directors

Thanks for having some common sense. Yes they would be the people who run the tournament. The only one that was this weekend for this age group!
649 37,924 more...
Re: MadLax Lacrosse Anonymous 11/25/20 10:57 PM
[/quote]

The MadLax roster cheating that I am aware of has involved lower divisions, where MadLax plays its combined teams in the lower grade, rather than the upper grade like they are supposed to. For example, they will play a combined 2025/2026 B team in a 2026 B division, knowing that they would get killed if they played up in 2025 B. Shady behavior yes, but it does not affect the higher divisions that readers of this forum care about, such as HoCo Elite. I only know of one instance of roster cheating in an elite division, and that was by the Canadian team Evolve at Hershey in 2019. They had kids within their program running between games and playing for two different aged teams, and were DQ'd when parents of an opposing team (Team Maryland) saw it and turned them in. I do not think that roster cheating happens very often, but if anybody knows of another example(s) go ahead and share.[/quote]

Key phrase "that I am aware of..." Madlax also did the same thing at Hershey and recently double rostered players in a Fall 2020 tournament. That's 2 more and there are much more. Most area teams are keenly aware of how Madlax operates and openly ask questions at the start of games and question whether they are playing a registered roster.

The end of every Madlax defender sentence has something to do with college commits. Unfortunately, as you track their commits on their own web site the quality of those commits gets worse and worse. The 23's will boost it but that's only because that team was brought over by a defunct club.
3,245 1,376,969 more...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Today's Visitors
6 members (TM@BOTC, JimSection1, Laxers412, Annoy., Gremelin, 1026ME), 1,890 guests, and 598 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod