Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:42 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:12 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 10:12 PM
Boys 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:31 PM
Girls 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/29/22 09:24 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts341,033
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2029-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Same exact team that everyone has written off (prematurely I’d say)….

They didn’t play anyone relevant. Even madlax had significant players missing.

As long as hawks weren’t present, the whole event has an asterisk.
129 18,973 more...
Re: Boys 2031-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Rebels stealth are 21-0 and have won every tourney they have played. Iglioo is 15-4 and have lost to rebels 3 times. That’s the facts Jack. It’s Rebels going into to next season. I see a few little Eskimo’s looking to move over the Rebs.
329 39,994 more...
Re: Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Good luck to all the boys playing in the WSL games this weekend.

May the best team win and I hope everyone stays positive and enjoys this special experience to make a wonderful memory.

Thank you to WSL for stepping in to give my son this age based experience.
1,146 142,460 more...
Re: Boys 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 3 hours ago
Is 5-Star any good?
227 33,265 more...
Re: Girls 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 3 hours ago
22 Black was the best in the Country.
114 19,526 more...
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 3 hours ago
Venom lost a tough one yesterday.

Heavyweight fight
1,988 219,766 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 4 hours ago
One of my sons was at Gilman at the height of Poggi and the boys who lost playing time in football and basketball resented the heck out of the recruits. It was a culture killer and created a we, they environment. That is one of the primary reasons they made the change. You are kidding yourself if you don’t think that will happen in lacrosse, the most important sport in the MIAA. If a boy that played varsity lacrosse anywhere can transfer to a MIAA school and not sit, the MIAA will have to allow no-penalty transfers within the league. I’ll bet we see a lawsuit over this. Bringing in OOS players and letting them play right away will create bitterness and chaos.

Bitterness and chaos is already part of the MIAA - that's what happens when the most entitled people in Maryland send their kids to the same schools.
9,021 1,716,324 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Maybe Madlax needs to bring down a half dozen or so holdbacks from the 27s like Hawks.
That would help. Madlax is small. If they do have holdbacks, they’re runts.

Making fun of kids sizes....classy.
4,723 478,818 more...
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 09:01 PM
People we're complaining about the teams at Millon. Take a look at the loaded crabfest

holdbacks and easiest grouping - the way crabs ensures they make it to day 2.

Crabfeast = money grab for the Crabs club. Four fields at Goucher, two grass fields are in terrible shape, the stadium grass field isn’t much better. Over a hundred teams, $175 per player. Huge revenues. garbage fields with not enough parking. Teams come from all over to play in this one. Why?

Why Sweetlax Invite had so many colleges and great teams at oldest levels. Changing.

Crabfest had most of the top teams in the country. With over a hundred teams - no single facility would be able to accommodate this event (i.e. DE Turf). Also need to be near a big city for the thousand hotel rooms. So what other central location you would put this tournament near?

Columbia and use all the HoCo turf fields. Compared with HoCo facilities, Goucher is a dump.

All you jabronies are too blind or dense to see it. It’s about profit margins with crabs. He does whatever it takes to make his teams seem better than they are to draw the large crowds to his tournaments and camps. He’s a marketer not even a former lacrosse player. He used goucher because his mini-me assistant coach, works at goucher.

Wow, Sounds like your son got cut from Crabs, Maybe look inward and see if your son is up to elite lacrosse like our sons are. Tryouts are soon for Crabs, Good Luck
9,389 1,122,517 more...
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 08:15 PM
Saw Coppermine is entering a U13 team at the Women Lax Festival this weekend. Does anyone know if it is the 27 team, 28 team or some combo team?

Looks like both 27 and 28 teams are entered but you must be born before Sep 1 2009 for U13, so basically no holdbacks.

Saw that too but each team is allowed 6 exceptions so what’s the point anyway. Thought some of the big 3 might be playing there but only saw Coppmine as a local team.

Many families would go bonkers if you over scheduled their only free weekend from June to mid-July.
2,184 273,210 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous Yesterday at 08:14 PM
It is Oscar worthy! New form of cheating in the sport. Highly frustrating to watch. Not a reputation I would want my kid to have.

Can we talk about the illegal sticks being used, and why no stick checks in club?

Coaches can ask for a stick check anytime they want. If they lose, other team gets the draw.
545 55,101 more...
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous Yesterday at 06:49 PM
For the 2024 class, this season all that matters is having competitive games and showing up to play in those games. The college coaches don't really care if your team is winning or losing, unless it's a blowout. Most coaches will walk away from those blowouts and find another game, as it isn't a good indicator of a player's abilities on either side. Worry less about the W's and L's and more about showing up to play regardless.

If you're sitting on the sidelines and your daughter is getting hits on IWLCA Recruits, that's always a good thing. My daughter played at New England Cup this past weekend and had a lot of hits on her profile, so I'll take that as a positive for her recruiting efforts. (Full disclosure, my daughter doesn't play on a LI team, so I have no dog in this LI club "greatness" fight.)

Some of you are too neurotic about the W's and L's and lose sight of the goal/end game.
2,779 268,436 more...
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 05:13 PM
Isn’t one of the main players leaving for Hero’s? Heard Hero’s is not happy about it.

Hero's moms are the ones trying to pull her over. Maybe the other Hero’s parents need to take it up with those moms

Such a shame. The young lady isn’t the problem. Mom is.

None of this is true and shame on you for gossiping about a kid. The person causing low morale is looking to go to M&D - so no- not heros

Just leave these people alone.

M&D doesn't need the headache or the drama!
1,613 322,554 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 05:04 PM
SAT at most schools now are optional way to stay current

Way to deflect from the statement. Typical.
9,632 2,635,994 more...
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 04:39 PM
Where will they all go?

I thought Integrity parents were all upset and leaving? CClax going to get all the players or is Hero's M&D creating a third team? lol.
2,352 349,595 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 03:57 PM
Not plainview, girl from Plainedge for HM AA and the last one was goalie from South Side
7,897 2,091,889 more...
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 02:56 PM
Coaches/clubs generally pick tournaments based around club history with a tournament, cost, location, general level of competition and date.

The REAL wrangling comes in when programs make scheduling requests the week before the tournament to get in a favorable bracket and avoid tougher teams in pool play. It's why the schedules change so many times the week before:

"We would like to play a team that we didn't face 3x this spring already."
"Any chance we could be in a pool with some new teams from out of state?"

And more and more...

It's not a accident that the teams who have parent companies that host the tourneys usually get decent draws. And generally the big clubs have more sway with requests because they are sending many teams to the tournament (and others).
1,594 212,156 more...
Re: True Annapolis Anonymous Yesterday at 02:47 PM
How is True handling the Koopers takeover?

Who are coaching those teams?

When they "partnered" with Kelly Post, they took all the top kids at KP and funneled them to the Baltimore team and moved the bottom half of the Baltimore team to Kelly Post.

Are they gonna do the same with Koopers?

Parents stuck with this situation- make sure you ask who is coaching your kid and know what team they will be a part of. It matters.
326 61,384 more...
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous Yesterday at 02:38 PM
91, Express, S2s would beat them
1,038 121,544 more...
Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. Anonymous Yesterday at 02:28 PM
Slow down club hopping. In most other sports (hockey, soccer, swimming) , you can switch top level travel clubs ONCE after 4th grade.

Adding this rule would greatly improve the sport, develop more consistancy within teams and allow more clubs to be competitive — generally improving level of play.
How about governing the clubs themselves. Owners act with impunity. US Lacrosse has no real interest in clubs lacrosse. Owners have inflated rosters, inflated pricing, guest players, you name it they've done it. Unfortunately chances of finding an honest operator is like winning the lottery.

Completely agree. I just thought eliminating club hopping would be easier to implement.

I don't understand how eliminating club hopping is doable. It's a free country. Parents pay for a service for their kids to play for (and trained by) certain clubs. If I am not happy with the service I get, you are telling me that I can't switch clubs?
140 57,292 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Upper Dublin HS (PA) 2023 Goalie Nathan Fechter Commits to RMU Team BOTC Yesterday at 01:56 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Upper Dublin High School (PA) 2023 Goalie Nathan Fechter of Freedom Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Robert Morris University.

High school: Upper Dublin High School (Dresher, PA)
Grad year: 2023
Position: Goalie
College committed to: Robert Morris University
Club team: Freedom Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse honors: All-SOL Honorable Mention (2021), Academic Aces All-Star, Iron 44 Regional Goalie MVP, Iron 44 Regional All-Star, All-SOL First Team (2022), Team Captain (2022)
Academic honors: High Honor Roll, National Spanish Exam (2019-2021), Cardinal Citizenship Award, 4.694 GPA
Why did you choose Robert Morris University, Men's D1? "Great team culture and fantastic coaching staff."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Special thanks to my parents, club coaches, high school coaches, township coaches, and the RMU coaching staff for this opportunity."
What other colleges did you consider? "Washington & Lee, Richmond."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Nathan Fechter on his commitment to Robert Morris University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.
View College Profile Below:

0 42 more...
Re: MadLax Lacrosse Anonymous 06/28/22 11:13 PM
What you might not know is “madLax” stands for “mad lacrosse”

It stands for cheap shots in a way that represents the "head" of the operation.
3,380 1,589,677 more...
Re: Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 06/28/22 09:44 PM
I sorted the Naptown pool standings every way possible - and none of them came up with Hawks #1. Did you take a look at the Naptown Seeding Procedures for High School (2023-2026)?

High School teams will play 2 games on Monday. Each Division has a committee of “evaluators” who will watch the teams play. The committee will then seed their respective divisions. All teams will be seeded in the Championship Bracket that begins play on Tuesday morning. Championships will occur on Wednesday starting at 12:00 pm and occurring every 2 hours until last game starts at 6:00 pm on ESPN.

There was no way any team other than Hawks was going to end up #1 seed - it was all subjective 😂

Stats would make Madlax Nationals or BBL 1,2 sead

Can’t use stats because there were way too many lopsided games on day 1. You had some very good teams going 1-1 and some mediocre teams going 2-0 because they played two really bad teams. You could argue that the committee got it right because the top 4 seeds all ended up in the semis.

Stop making sense, please. This is BOTC!
1,178 134,274 more...
Re: Girls 2030-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 06/28/22 07:48 PM
YJ Babst is the top team followed by Jesters Black. The next group is Legacy and TG.

91 just split w Legacy- very good games
52 7,013 more...
Re: Girls 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 06/28/22 07:46 PM
LFTC tourney was my first time seeing the 91 team. Pretty good team. But the coaches are an absolute embarrassment to youth sports. Coaching from 10 yards on the field, arguing with the refs and other coaches. Saw them play two games and their coaches got a card in both games.

As many have noted 91 girls sometimes have stronger youth teams but as soon as they hit Highschool all the good ones run. They will soon fall behind again. Having spallina freaking out will make 91 look worse as they get older and parents are going to get tired of the directors and owners of the club getting carded in elementary school gamws

To be completely honest 91 girls don’t have any strong teams except 2029. The only reason why that team is any good is because Spallina coaches it.

91 2030’s just beat legacy who are solid team
93 11,629 more...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Today's Visitors
12 members (Bearded_Kaos, Mailman18, LILax15, BiggLax, Team BOTC, 1026ME, IrwinFletcher, TM@BOTC, JimSection1, njlaxreport, Ladylaxer2609, smdp2022), 6,122 guests, and 1,396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod