BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,292
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous 4 hours ago
SOS!!! What is happening to WANTAGH? The girls still use the same plays from when Rooney was around. But now those plays aren't working because they aren't NEW plays or RUPPERT'S PLAYS; they are OLD PLAYS!! My daughter graduated, and many alum families watched last night's game vs South Side. We still talk to many families with girls still on the team, and WANTAGH has to do something fast.

The new coach, Ruppert, is out of her league. She's not bringing anything to the table and is ruining that program. But despite the bad coaching, I've got to hand it to the girls; they're really stepping up. The team captains are doing an amazing job holding everyone together, and the players are really supporting one another.

It's great to see them keep their spirits up and try their best, even when things aren't running smoothly behind the scenes. Wantagh, figure it out! You can forget Manhasset. They already know to watch the film from Maddie Taylor's year.
8,634 3,136,407 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Schommy wins the state A championship at SJB. His FOGO was 1 or 2 in terms of all catholic school FO %. He is building a nice program there. Seems like he pulls kids who either Sit the bench at a private school because of their last name, or good club kids from the plethora of terrible public schools. Definitely something to think about, as parents watch other kids play because their child is pasted to their 30 man deep bench at…SA/Chaminade//etc.

Thanks, but I’ll save the 52k in a 4 year HS tuition and use it for my sons college education. The education in most public schools is way better than an education at St John’s. As long as you have a pulse and a bachelors degree you can become a teacher at a Catholic HS. Public Schools actually require a certification to teach. If my son plays on a bad public school team but plays for a top tier travel program, he’ll get plenty of looks.

I was thinking it and you said it first.

You don't even need to play for a "top tier" travel program. College coaches will find you if you're actually good enough.
10,855 4,323,286 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 6 hours ago
It's very simple, Colorado didn't travel and spend tons of cash to lose, did they cheat, most likely, can anyone do anything about it, NO. This is going to continue for the rest of our children's youth lax careers until they reach High school and then the playing field is somewhat leveled. USA Lacrosse as a governing body has failed our kids, they have allowed premier clubs across the nation to gain the upper hand. It is too late for age verification. Until Rosters are certified and roster checks are performed pregame by referees (like soccer) there will always be cheating. It's unavoidable, as most coaches and parents can't help themselves. So for now, just accept the fact teams will cheat and hope that it helps your child get better playing against kids 1-2 years older. Best of luck next weekend, predicting an NLF Final as a battle for the ages, 91 Colorado vs Lax Black.
288 68,910 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 6 hours ago
Agree. By this age tryouts are mostly a waste for top teams and rosters are 90 percent or more set. Most top clubs will have a few select positions they may want upgrade. So if your son doesn’t play those positions the tryout fee is a donation. Typically the clubs know who they want and are actively recruiting. If they aren’t reaching out to you proactively you have a low chance. So even if you try out for a position they have a gap it’s very rare and unknown quantity gets picked up. Joining a practice before tryout is always a good move as you can be seen and evaluated and perhaps get done individual feedback. Good luck.

Even if they are proactively seeking you it doesn't mean much. It's part of the game all clubs play. Get a kid to leave one club with promises of playing time, fame and glory. Just to bench him.
Look at what express did last year taken on all those kids..... Most of the newbies play on the orange team ........
669 148,622 more...
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 7 hours ago
AS rosters are not out yet, but I have talked to enough people to have some sense of who’s on which team. Part incompetence and part politics, as you would expect. Heros girls who made yellow got bumped up to red after their moms complained, and the coppermine girl who got cut in first round magically ended up on red after her mom made some calls.
1,050 318,141 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 7 hours ago
is the woke bogeyman in the room with you right now?
13,326 3,510,768 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 7 hours ago
please stop.. 15-6 Somers a couple of weeks ago..will not be close
4,038 1,963,238 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous 7 hours ago
This may be shocking to you, but there are more than just 4 dominant players at 2028. End of day, the parents on the teams know the star players on their own team. They know that Sally is a backup and Molly scores 30% of the team goals and get 50% of the draws, If Sally made the team and Molly didn't get a callback, its a major red flag and yes, it speaks to the "quality of the evaluation" process. Too many girls, not enough educated eyes? Poor drills that do not show talent? I don't know, but I do know its not a case of "girls needing to look in mirror". Give me a break.

Congrats on your kid making a team though.
NAILED IT
3,226 795,022 more...
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 7 hours ago
3 top ten teams from Long Island is impressive. You don't see that often.

2 91 Roar
7 YJ Friedman
8 TG Black
255 54,651 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 7 hours ago
Heard GA birddog’d BM for a coach that can recruit and, you know, win a game or two.

Is this a rumor or true? If it's true, who is taking over at GA?
3,351 1,072,111 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 8 hours ago
Let’s be honest. You pay enough money you can be on any first team. I’ve heard the chicks added a fogo. An attack man and had a rebels East D player come over

The Fogo is a great kid who got over looked by Igloo and played on their B team. Nice story. Don't know about the attack man and rebles east player
536 125,364 more...
Re: Boys 2033-3rd Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 9 hours ago
I don't think any 33 team has played Nitro yet bc they haven't entered any tourneys. It's like they're scared to enter a 33 tourney and get a loss. It's 3rd grade lacrosse, kids must be having a ball of fun on that team wink I think they played in one tourney 32 bracket and lost.
40 7,731 more...
NEW JERSEY FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey Anonymous 19 hours ago
Any big socking news out of high school lacrosse is Westfield for real or SHP down? Did anyone think Mr Lyght, and yes we should call him Mr, was going to be that good at ND?

Rumor has it that SHP had him on JV longer than expected because he was not a tri-state kid.

Can you imagine?
291 92,586 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 21 hours ago
So is there a transfer going to SPSG to play goalie or is that a bunch of non sense?

Only for us in the know to know. Sorry
Oh please. You don’t know anymore than anybody else does. If there’s a transfer goalie coming and it’s not from McDonogh. All of those girls read this for him and as soon as you guys started posting about it, they started asking the goalies. Nobody’s going anywhere. Get a grip.
5,362 1,462,360 more...
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 05:30 PM
So no Tristar either? Wouldn’t playing a competitive tournament advance that agenda? Or do they not want anything on film before July 1?

Their schedule is on their website.

On film?
Ok Bill Belichick. You understand this is 7th grade lacrosse?

That read like a joke to me. But seriously, that team has played NAL every year so why not this time?

2031’s
1,016 200,832 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 04:35 PM
Did invites go out for both red and yellow for 27’s
213 45,952 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 01:14 PM
Any predictions for NGLL nationals this weekend?

Jesters vs M&D final

9-1 M&D win over jester’s black.. kudos to them.

Was igloo not there this weekend?

They were offered to play in the B bracket as the A runner ups in regionals but turned it down.

Interesting. I guess competition not worth traveling all the way down?

It's hard to expect families to do this sort of thing during the school year.
182 45,585 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 11:16 AM
LTLC lost a couple to age verification and was better than last year

Because they did not lose as much as the other holdback filled teams and they were fortunate to gain on-age talent who were actually getting coached and playing rather than riding the bench and playing defense against the starting 6.
2,660 583,779 more...
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic Anonymous Yesterday at 10:29 AM
A team that prays together, wins together
576 168,668 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 02:21 AM
Rebels (Long Island), NE Select (igloo,S2S, Legacy) and 91 (if they don’t fly anyone in)
385 73,882 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 02:00 AM
Congratulations to the 2028 Annapolis Hawks.

Great HOCO season!

28 Hawks won using 2027s. Not a single on age Hawks team won a HoCo Elite title this year in younger divisions. What happened?

This is so silly. The Hawks are noticeably smaller than the other top teams in that division. Just give them their due and move on.

Thanks Hawks dad, now go back to the Annapolis Yacht Club and sip some girly drinks. Funny how you deflect from the fact that the 28 Hawks also have holdbacks. I guess because they are your holdbacks and not big holdbacks it makes it ok. It's fine, Annapolis isn't known for manly men.

Hawks like many MD teams have single and double holdbacks. The rest of us are supposed to bury our heads in the sand and ignore this fact.

Yes. You’re supposed to pretend it’s ok. Just like the parents of those holdbacks pretend their child would look as good on a field with players their own age.

I love how you assume that a kid couldn't hold his own with his own "age". Guess its hard to say one way or the other since every team is doing it. Baseline a kid's performance on the field with no holdbacks and I bet some of those big bad holdbacks you like to complain about would still kick little Johnny's @ChillLaxin on an even playing field. Go ahead and continue to blame all the woes you've experienced on the holdbacks. Guess when little Johnny is playing fresh/soph next year I would love to hear what excuses you conjure up. We will all be waiting in anxious expectation (well, actually not because we will have moved on).
On a positive note, it was a great season and "any given Sunday" played out on the youth lacrosse stage.

Oh please. Work on your reading comprehension. I didn’t say hold their own. I said look as good. And I’m right.
And stop with the little Johnny reference. You have no idea who you are talking to and who their child is. There is no excuses with my son as he has more than excelled on age and is currently playing up. Thats a fact that none of you people ever consider. That the person you’re trying to make fun of is actually in a very different situation than you assume.
And I have no idea who I’m talking to and whether your child is playing on age in a tough league and holding their own, a holdback, or a double holdback. If they are either of the latter, I can tell you this with 100% certainty. They did not stand out on age. You held him back. The only reason he is standing out now is because he is older. I am right. You are wrong. Period.
You people are dense.

Your kid will crush it. At UMBC.
10,651 2,168,826 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
Watch the Madlax highlight, clear view that ball was in net before player was pushed into crease...great game, great players, agree battle for years to come.

Just watched it on the 'Gram and you're right. I guess the question is how in the world did the kid get such a free 1 on 1 with the goalie running full speed downhill for 15 yards?
443 116,168 more...
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse Anonymous
New to this organization this year.

How many practices a week is normal for the top team in each grade?
13,078 27,053,093 more...
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo) Anonymous
Not one Crabs team in a HOCO league championship game. Say it isn’t so!
2,782 1,490,505 more...
Re: New 2024 Women’s DI-III Lacrosse Anonymous
Coaches that need to be fired:

North Carolina
Duke
Maryland
Rutgers

Time for new blood
213 39,501 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
7 members (BiggLax, 1026ME, LILAXDAD2023, abowden, cltlax, JimSection1, TM@BOTC), 5,135 guests, and 5,636 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod