Sophomore & Junior BOTC Invitational taking place on Dec 3rd || The CBLaxers.com Winter NY Showcases Are Open for Registration w/ Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,343
Posts354,150
Members2,524
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Aren’t 2029 teams supposed to play 2029 teams?

Someone must have lost to the 2029 Madlax team along with way. Maybe in one of these:

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

Agree with the above 2029 Madlax and 2029 Hawks can compete against 2028s. And if they get pummeled in a game, they are supposed to, they are a year younger.
Maybe lower level 2028 teams. They’d get rolled 15-0 playing 28 Hawks, FCA, Madlax, etc

29 Madlax could beat 28 Madlax, or at least give them a really tough game.

Ummm....no.

I've witnessed in person the 29 ML parents actively rooting for / scheming this matchup and it is delusional at best. Though, yes, 29 ML is very, very good. There is no MD/DC/Phila 2029 team at any level I can think of, that could beat their 2028 roster, except for maybe 2029 LTLC vs 2028 LTLC last year.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The old way to help your kid was to take a PG year. Let him play with his age peers and if he is good you can send him to a fancy school for a year to fix his grades or mature. Not sure what was wrong with that model? This obviously doesn’t apply to the 5 year old late summer bday holdbacks.

It is so fun guessing ages now for college players. lets see, one year holdback, one year PG and one year Redshirt and what do you have ....

a 21 year old Freshman. Hilarious..and what does that get you ?? a ticket to the PLL and Paul

You get a 25 year old looking for his first job, 3-4 years after his peers.

I love the public school parents thinking that D1 former McDonogh (example) kids are just out there "applying for jobs" on monster.com or whatever. From pre-first to bachelors, these parents have used every opportunity to create every advantage for their kids, spending $400-700K along the way. Do you think those parents just shut off those opportunities and "on ramps" when Braydenn Jr. gets his finance degree? Obviously they'll help him get placed in a job that starts in the $60-80Ks, and probably let him live in one of the parents' rental houses for discounted rent, and have Mom's old Volvo SUV.

I'm not saying it's right, or it's fair. I'm just saying, get a clue. This is not a meritocracy. Like Duke lax alumni are out there searching for gigs on usajobs.gov...........Cmon man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone must have lost to the 2029 Madlax team along with way. Maybe in one of these:

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

Agree with the above 2029 Madlax and 2029 Hawks can compete against 2028s. And if they get pummeled in a game, they are supposed to, they are a year younger.
Maybe lower level 2028 teams. They’d get rolled 15-0 playing 28 Hawks, FCA, Madlax, etc

Ummm....no.

I've witnessed in person the 29 ML parents actively rooting for / scheming this matchup and it is delusional at best. Though, yes, 29 ML is very, very good. There is no MD/DC/Phila 2029 team at any level I can think of, that could beat their 2028 roster, except for maybe 2029 LTLC vs 2028 LTLC last year.

Preds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 29’s would give them a game. I don’t think they could win, but def would not be 15-0. In fact it don’t think any of the elite 28 teams could beat them 15-0

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 29’s would give them a game. I don’t think they could win, but def would not be 15-0. In fact it don’t think any of the elite 28 teams could beat them 15-0

This is laughable. There are ML 28 players that would run roughshod over them. Would not be a game at all.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

Ummm....no.

Preds

Good point. Story I heard was that they scrimmaged and tied last year. Both squads are allegedly improved this year but "we'll see" on that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

Ummm....no.

Preds

Correct, Predators team to beat and talk of Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2029 scrimmaged and tied FCA 2028 White.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

What’s your point? Yes those teams would handle 29 madlax or the hawks. But madlax and hawks would throttle the elite 2030 teams and the top elite 27 teams would bury whichever elite 28 team your kid is on listed above.

That’s how it should be.
Addressing the previous poster who said “29 Hawks and Madlax teams can compete against 2028 teams”

Sure, maybe against bottom level 2028 teams. The statement was overly generic… point was, they’d get run off the field by a top tier 2028 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

Ummm....no.
this outcome would look like 20-1 2028’s winning, and likely 2-3 kids on the 2029 team in the ER

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want an on age game then Madlax 2029’s should play 2028 Long Island teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

Ummm....no.
this outcome would look like 20-1 2028’s winning, and likely 2-3 kids on the 2029 team in the ER

And this is exactly why holdbacks shouldn’t be allowed and is under consideration for change… anyone who says differently, I ask, then why even have grade based leagues. Just take the best teams in 2-3 age brackets and play each other. 2028-2030. Why not 🤷‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

Ummm....no.

And this is exactly why holdbacks shouldn’t be allowed and is under consideration for change… anyone who says differently, I ask, then why even have grade based leagues. Just take the best teams in 2-3 age brackets and play each other. 2028-2030. Why not 🤷‍♂️

Grade based let's kids play with their classmates. Keeps teams intact thru their recruiting years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Aren’t 2029 teams supposed to play 2029 teams?

HoCo Champ - Madlax
NAL Champ - Madlax
Naptown Champ - Madlax
NLF Champ Madlax

Ummm....no.

Grade based let's kids play with their classmates. Keeps teams intact thru their recruiting years.[/quot

There are cases where a playoff-caliber elite team can beat a lower level elite team. At the 2028 level, however, a collection of kids hit puberty and the size differently can be severe. Also, the shooting velocity really kicks up (several goalies deal with broken thumbs ever year at 7th and 8th grade levels.) I’d be shocked if ML 2029 could hang with ML 2028. Not a dad of either team, just being realistic.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard