BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It might be a better representation of your research to list each of the schools with the current number of verbals at each.. i would assume most years the list is about 8-10 kids, so schools with less are still looking..
thanks in advance for your help

That's not true this year as for several reasons many schools are taking small classes this year. BC, UNC, PSU for instance are all done with very small classes.

BC is taking 11-12 kids one of the biggest numbers other than 2019, in 2018 they took 6 and it was the IL number 1 recruiting class, now thats a small class

BC is not taking 11-12 kids

Unless you are the BC Coach how do you know how many 2021 recruits BC will have? They brought in "11" in 2019, "7" in 2018, "7" in 2017, "6" in 2016 only time will tel how many they bring in in 2021.

Because my daughter is committed there and they have said what size class they are taking and they are done unless someone pops up. They brought in a bunch of transfers this year.

Yeah, "unless someone pops up" exactly the point, they are not done. If the right player comes along they will take them. As for the transfers, they did not bring in a bunch, they brought in 3 and they really have nothing to do with the 2021 class.
341 31,924 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 06:44 PM
Great question? Can clubs actually pressure premier players and their parents? Not sure who holds the cards here? We'll all find out.

UA games are all inclusive (anyone can try out) versus exclusive. Many have complained about the selection process surrounding the UA games but at least everyone can try out. Clearly the NLF member organizations are trying to "flex" their muscle to the exclusion of everyone outside of the "club". The market always clears. What happens if all of the NLF's top players go play UA and pass on the NLF National Tryouts? Will they kick them off of the club. If the numbers are large, I'm guessing the clubs relent and let the kids stay. Wouldn't it be funny if the players/parents advocated for themselves (see the PLL) and put together a nationwide circuit of elite squads with open tryouts at half the cost of the NLF clubs?

Curious if any Crabs or Madlax parents would share how this has been communicated to them. The baltimore tryouts and actual event on same days kids will need to pick one. This is a Ryan M production. Obviously a way for him to control process. He did not let the 23s attend UA tryouts last year
2,038 336,486 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 06:31 PM
Switching clubs every year must be a 2026 Goalie thing

Only when Hawks is involved.
948 44,702 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 06:15 PM
From what I am hearing top programs in 2021,22,23 and 24 are dropping out of Nike G8 because of The UA tourney
Any truth to that??

That is not going to happen. At best 1-2 girls from each top teams will play in UA. So you going to give up a great recruiting tournament for max of 2 players per team? By the way UA isn't the ticket to playing at top schools. Many top tier players never play on the UA teams.

Contrary to your point which I happen to agree with the YJ have dropped out Nike G8
I guess they think they will have a few more than 2 on the UA team.
156 17,194 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 05:44 PM
Heard they were still trying to steal players away from other teams. That organization will never be a 91 or top dog. Its the Outlaws all over again..

91 is all holdbacks and Daddy-ball. Have fun at the Warrior Games this year. Note: just because they tell you you're an "All American", it really doesn't mean a whole lot once you leave Amherst....
356 24,121 more...
Sponsored Links
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 05:28 PM
Not a Mt Sinai guy, but they dominated all of DII last season regardless of conference. Closest game was w HF and MS won by 3, I believe. WI would dominate the D conf, nothing more. You WI people will learn that to dominate all of DII is rare. Game after game is a battle. Not what your used to in DI. Have some humility, it’ll save you in the long run. You’re obviously in for a surprise.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No skin in this argument at all, Nassau C-1 parent. The person posting this stupidity regarding WI is more then likely not a WI parent, just my opinion.
6,648 1,384,335 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
Yesterday at 04:28 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Seneca High School (NJ) 2021 Midfield, Defense Regan Bednar of All American Aim has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Wagner College.

High School: Seneca High School (Medford, NJ)
Grad Year: 2021
Positions: Midfield, Defense
College Committed to: Wagner College
Club Team: All American Aim
Lacrosse Honors: 2nd Team All Conference (Defense)
Academic Honors: Honor Roll, Athlete of the Month
Expected Major: Business
Why did you choose Wagner College, Women's D1? "I chose Wagner college because it is a perfect fit for me. I love the team and the coaching staff is amazing."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank all of my coaches that have been apart of my process. They have all taught me so much and made me the player I am today. I couldn’t have gotten where I am today without them."
What other colleges did you consider? "Manhattan College, University of Tampa, Boston University"

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Regan Bednar on her commitment to Wagner College. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college-bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre-college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.
View College Profile Below:

0 71 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
Yesterday at 03:48 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Deer Park (NY) 2021 Defense Jordan Sheehan of the LI Yellow Jackets has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at SUNY at Purchase College.

High School: Deer Park (Deer Park, NY)
Grad Year: 2021
Position: Defense
College Committed to: SUNY at Purchase College
Club Team: LI Yellow Jackets
Lacrosse Honors: Student-Athlete for Varsity Lacrosse
Academic Honors: Honor Roll all of Sophomore Year
Expected Major: Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement
Is there anything else you would like to share? "[Thanks to] my mom, dad and all my coaches!"

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Jordan Sheehan on her commitment to SUNY at Purchase College. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college-bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre-college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.
View College Profile Below:

0 78 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 03:02 PM
I would not discount a coach for not having played the game, whether they are a Dad or the official coach. Judging by the age group you may be fairly new to the club lacrosse scene. Once upon a time a basketball coach decided to try coaching Lacrosse. He never played lacrosse and somehow was able to start the top ranked club in MD. The coach went undefeated in High School for 7 seasons. He is now in Fla doing the same thing he did in Maryland.

I understand your point. But that’s not this guy. Believe me

dense parallel, that guys was a well established and seasoned basketball coach before he made the switch, not just a Daddy.

With that lay off Team Dad. He's a really nice guy and spends a ton of his own time organizing stuff that no one wants to deal with while expecting nothing in return.

Never said he wasn’t a nice guy. He has no business being on the sideline coaching.

You should be happy that he's there, the Majet team would be in shambles without him. I don't think he'd be so hands on if he didn't have to be, but CR will fix that eventually. Sad when selflessness gets you ripped online.

Not the original poster but here’s my take

Team dad is a nice guy who does a lot. I would agree he probably shouldn’t be coaching.

Majet is a terrible coach. She has no idea how to relate to 4th grade girls. And she certainly has no interest in making every girl on her team a better lacrosse player. What’s funny is that for such a “tough” coach she can’t even address the parents on the team. She makes team dad do it.

The plan was for Kolb to run that team which would have been a great situation for all, but it just wasn't meant to be and didn't work out for a number of reasons. The current leadership situation is untenable and will be addressed by the organization at some point. It's just not worth getting too worked up about right now where they are only in fourth grade.
12,604 24,130,252 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
12/10/19 08:14 PM
Nobody is cutting anyone from wolfpack to go help the 2025 91 team. It’s same organization. If kids went and played on a different 2025 club team for Denver tournament that would be a different story. 91 will throw some kids a bone I’m sure. Wolfpack kids trips will be paid for. Parents wouldn’t pay for that twice. Maybe next years tuition will be paid for as well. I’m sure these things would be done. Denver is becoming organization vs organization, not team vs team. Last year was incredible, the winning team were together for the entire season. No end of the year add on players.
they changed the team before the season, poaching players from all teams, offering free tution , while kids that played with the club since the fisrt grade sat and watched . All for what, they will be far from the best team this year No one cares about the tourney.
1,066 65,384 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
12/10/19 05:13 PM
I’m not from Y, but I’ve rooted for them since 1985.
I do not follow them intently. I prefer to follow D1.

There is no question about Y’s history, its dominance in Sec 1 and the # of GREAT All-Time players it has produced. But, currently, I believe the biggest issue at Y is that they have not a had a signature WIN, over a top ranked opponent in a very long time.

If the Y faithful could provide the forum with date and score of the last big time win, it could end this debate (or not).
2,752 704,077 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
12/10/19 04:38 PM
Can someone send Schwaldo a dummies guide to offense for Christmas?

I understand the reference but can you elaborate for everyone whose heads are in the sand.

Its not the coaches fault..
484 41,059 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
12/10/19 04:07 PM
Actually 1st comment was the question regarding what was up with the Hawks. Accompanied with the score along with the 2nd question asking if all their players were playing. Seems to be nothing but propaganda tactics we've all seen a million times on this board. Is BL 6 goals better than the Hawks? The score alone tells you the story without having to make a production out of asking. It's the fall, probably their 3rd event, and they were missing players. Again, this is BL fishing for compliments about great they are.

This is a non story and non event. Definitely kids on here.
294 21,158 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
12/10/19 03:38 PM
What happened to Express with coach C this weekend? Let hear the excuses. By the look of things he needs to revamp his team again.

If you know anything fall ball is fall ball. Worry after there is no more football and kids aren't hurt from other sports.

The CoachC team is lacking on Defense. They are very slow to react and are missing slides constantly! That's the difference this year from past years !
130 12,665 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
12/10/19 02:09 PM
How is the Janelli team going to Nationals when they did not win a single tournament last year or even make the playoffs in any events? They didn't beat a single good team all year in tournament play (91 even blew them out) and they ducked the good teams all fall letting Lomo play the A schedule.

I guess it really is who you know, unless CR is using them as the sacrificial lamb with the plan of Splalina taking Nationals and Lomo taking the Mid Atlantic.

Makes no sense otherwise.

Maybe CR doesnt think LOMO can compete in Nationals
88 9,185 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
12/10/19 01:08 PM
[quote=Anonymous]So does anyone actually know what is going on with Nationals and Duke's? Just a bunch of drama?

greed, arrogance, and ignorance [/quote
G and Ebe split ways. For what exact reason not sure and we will probably never know.

Great Duke’s Nationals minicamp tonight at Loyola - strong 2024 showing with 5-6 new players. Excellent numbers at the younger ages. Instagram post appears to be a lot of noise nothing more.

older teams are gone, what's the point of the younger teams, are they going to try and keep these together?

I saw the pic too and there are about 35-40 kids total. From all age groups-usually don't they carry 35-40 on their each team
1,272 201,512 more...
Today's Visitors
28 registered members (cltlax, TheBackOfTheCage, MomOf6, lax516, Bearded_Kaos, LucyVanPelt, HammerOfJustice, Jlbemom4, TM@BOTC, CBLaxers, Und1sputedShowcase, 365Lax, LIKnightsLax, Laxers412, A1Laxer, BackCager, Man_Up, NJ_Laxer, Stickcheck, 2waymiddie, LiLaxDad, LaxrFanatic, NassauLaxDad516, laxislife, TriStateLaxer, BoxLax99, LaxDad19, Annoy.), 5,914 guests, and 876 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod